Simple to Use and Effectivehttps://www.trustradius.com/cloud-storageCitrix ShareFileUnspecified8.61161012014-06-21T20:10:05.397Z
June 21, 2014
Simple to Use and Effective
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Citrix ShareFile
First Sterling uses ShareFile as a means of sending reports on fund performance to our investors. It is used mainly by the asset management department and used occasionally by the compliance department. Our old file sharing site was difficult to navigate for both the clients and the employees. I personally had to draft and send emails to alert the client to the upload of a new report to the site. Of course, this was a misuse of my valuable work time. ShareFile offered a clear, organized site with system automated emails, which saved us much time and effort. In addition, the reports generated by system are very useful. I can quickly tell my superiors which clients have seen their reports and which have not, or give a summary of what files I've uploaded for the month.
- ShareFile allows me to monitor the frequency of the clients' log ins and confirm that they have collected the file. This is very important in our line of work because the content of the report becomes more and more irrelevant or "stale" the closer to the deadline it is delivered.
- ShareFile makes uploading very easy. With my previous file sharing site, I wasted much time because I couldn't upload multiple files to one folder at once.
- The support staff have been as helpful as possible when my company had a particular need or a request for a function to be added.
- I had a lot of trouble figuring out the time of day at which the notifications to clients went out. One day, it was at 4 PM, another day at 11 AM. This was problematic. If you have A, B and C to upload, when File A is uploaded, the notification goes out immediately, while B and C will be sent the next day. This gives the client the impression that we finished the last two files later than the first one.
- ShareFile has led to increased employee efficiency. I am able to complete the sending of files to clients in 5 minutes when it used to take literally an hour to do the same amount of uploads and alerts to the same clients.
- It is very easy for me to create new accounts for a client and have them get their file very shortly after they first contact me requesting the file. Client request to my creating account to them logging in to retrieve can take as little as 5 minutes.
The cost is fair and the program does what it has promised to do. Customer service is attentive. I'm not aware of any better-sounding file sharing systems out there that would tempt us to discontinue ShareFile.
- A company transmitting large files regularly.
- A company delivering files to many different client companies, who might have multiple individual client contacts
- A company which could make use of system reports and needs to know which client is accessing what file and when it is being accessed
- A company that wants to offer only a particular window of time to access a file (only available for one day, one week, one month to the client)