Overall Satisfaction with ClearCare
- CareFinder - Caregiver & Client matching function. Making the right match between client and caregiver increases both client and caregiver satisfaction and retention.
- Scheduling - Live Dashboard is like air traffic control, let's you see what's happening with all client schedules in real time. Notifies of missed clock ins and clock outs! You can also go to individual profiles to see each caregiver & each client's monthly, daily, weekly schedule. Easy to change.
- Storage of messages & other activity - each client and each caregiver's profile stores agency's communication in "Activity" section, so team members can easily see who is communicating and what they are communicating. Also allows setting tasks for team members that remind them by email.
- Billing, payroll - Clock in and out through Telephony system creates client's bill and caregiver's payroll. Ability to set billing rate and pay rate options or customize.
- NOTE: ALL CAPS USED HERE FOR EMPHASIS, SINCE BOLD OR UNDERLINE IS NOT AVAILABLE.
- New caregiver application feature allows smart phone users to apply, BUT most don't complete their application, they only fill out the first screen. After that, it is like "herding cats" to try to get them to finish. ClearCare needs to provide instructions to SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO FAR RIGHT CORNER AND CLICK THE ORANGE "NEXT" BUTTON UNTIL ALL SECTIONS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED. Also, there is a button we can click in the partial application to obtain a link and copy and paste it into a message to the applicant asking that they finish their application. HOWEVER, it is incredibly long! It runs off my email screen. If that link could somehow be shortened....
- Messaging is tricky for caregivers. Although ClearCare allows simultaneous sending of email and text, the long, unique email "from" address often causes those messages to go to SPAM/Junk. And the text messages come from a different area code, so many applicants ignore them. We have two pages of instructions for understanding ClearCare messages, and which ones NOT TO REPLY to that we go through during caregiver training, but they still forget.....if the automatic text reminders could possibly say DO NOT REPLY TO THIS AUTOMATIC REMINDER, that would help a lot! And is there a way to "spoof" our area code?
- Care plans can only be typed using plain text. This makes it very hard to read. If they could allow HTML text, we could use numbers, bullets and other formatting to make care plans easier to read. Then it would be MORE LIKELY THAT CAREGIVERS WOULD FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ;-).
Others were extremely cumbersome and had many glitches - we could tell horror stories about trying to get payroll and billing done on time, and the difficulty of managing scheduling. Now those things are easy!
It is not the best for communicating with caregiver candidates or prospective clients, due to the quirks mentioned previously. We send messages through our individual Outlook email accounts and then have to remember to copy and paste them into Clear Care for team reference. Some team members have trouble remembering to do that, which leaves other team members in the dark.