Oracle Eloqua Review: "Best in class, worth the investment"https://www.trustradius.com/marketing-automationOracle EloquaUnspecified7.73501012014-03-08T22:42:04.659Z
Overall Satisfaction with Eloqua
We are using Eloqua across our whole organization, managed by our marketing operations department. The key business problem it addresses is customer engagement across the entire lifecycle. It provides a great platform to sync with our CRM and helps align our sales and marketing strategy. The ability to plan and automate complex campaigns across all of our various business segments is critical to strong execution and sustaining the kind of brand experience we desire.
- Tight integration with Salesforce CRM - in order to keep sales and executive visibility the marketing efforts of Eloqua need to sync and work with our CRM, Eloqua does this well.
- Campaign design canvas - the UI to create complex automated campaigns is second to none, I've previewed and tested several, hands down the Eloqua approach is best
- Lead scoring - the ability to customize multiple scoring models and thresholds in real-time is HUGE. This tool is also easy and intuitive.
- Reporting - terrific built-in benchmark dashboards to gauge your performance against other industries and keeps you focused on high value metrics
- Email editor - pretty basic but gets the job done, would like more customized and drag and drop control with email templates, we've found an easy way to work with it but could be enhanced
- Landing page editor - solid but more customized styling and behaviors are not quite there yet, would like more enhancements there as well
- Forms - eloqua hosted forms are limited from a design perspective - external customized forms require some technical assistance to get connected properly, this could be improved in the future.
- Increase in revenue attributable to our campaigns from Eloqua - can't disclose numbers sorry
- Increase in ongoing engagement with our customers
- Increase in overall reach with our audience
Overall, Eloqua had the most comprehensive solution for our business needs, when working through many of the modules some of the others had a few nice differences, but too many other behaviors or system design would have made it more difficult than using Eloqua. Some had better pricing options but was not worth the risk.
We really like the direction the product improvements are headed and with the Oracle buyout it seems like more features are on the way. The training and support are solid as are the community resources. We will most likely renew but if the contract terms get too out of hand we could be forced to change platforms.
Well suited for mid to large size companies, smaller more local oriented business may see the investment a reach. The best approach would be to engage with an Eloqua certified integration consultant and be sure your in-house CRM implementation specialist has Eloqua experience, otherwise hire both! Lastly, plan ahead and have a clear vision to how you see the content strategy and get sales bought in from the beginning.