Originally, we purchased Enrinsik Informer because we needed a reporting utility that would work with Unidata. As we migrated to SQL we found Entrinsik handles both environments. We love the ability to connect Informer to multiple databases. The company is easy to work with, they listen and deliver to meet our needs. We love the enhancements they created for us and the fast turn around when we have needed assistance. They are always happy on the phone.
- Connects to multiple database.
- Allows us to create calculated fields on the fly within reports.
- Allows our users to create custom views of reports written by IT.
- Tagging reports for easy searching.
- We were able to install and have Informer up and running within a day but took more time to tweak and determine the best security module for us.
- The best feature. I really did learn to use the base functionality of Informer without the need for instructions. More advanced features took a bit more time but were not that complicated.
- At Ellucian Live I spoke with my rep about added the ability to create a link from a column header to a website or data cookbook. The idea is to allow our endusers to click on the column header and read the definition of the term ensuring they fully understand what the report is telling them. Prevent second guessing or wondering if the report is correct.
- One area where we stuggle is that we can't use a computed column in the selection criteria. This would be really nice.
- I can't think of a third item.
- Informer allowed us to put reporting in the hands of the enduser.
- IT is not needed for each and every report.
- Training our endusers has been fairly easy.
- Application adoption was easy because the endusers found learning it easy.
I can't remember the products we compared against. Because it has worked so well I have not looked for other products. I think my endusers would have a fit if I did.
I am currently using the product and wouldn't dream of getting rid of it. It is a easy to use tool and my endusers are invested and happy.
Informer meets the majority of our needs. However, when it comes to serious analytically, number crunching reports we tend to user other tools. I find picking up the phone works great for reaching the vendor and I love speaking with them at conferences. They are so welcoming.