Overall Satisfaction with Halogen Software
Morpace uses the Halogen eAppraisal and 360 to manage the annual appraisal process for our offices worldwide. We used to use a home grown program, but as we grew in size that became cumbersome and time consuming. Switching to Halogen saved us time, money and resources and allowed streamlining of the process as everything can be done electronically.
- It allows managers to see the evaluations, feedback and status updates of their entire org chart/tree
- It is really, really user friendly
- It is largely customizable to suit our business needs
- Allow more than one manager to actually edit the review (though, it does allow for 3rd party feedback, they cannot edit directly). Sometimes, there could be an employee who splits time between two or more teams, switches teams midway through the review year, etc.
- While you can run and review many good reports, they are, for the most part, just reports and not visually appealing.
- We no longer need to use our high-billable developers/programs to create our reviews. Now that we moved to an off-the-shelf software package in Halogen, HR staff can create and modify the process
- We have saved time doing reviews. This allows for more billable work to be done by all staff, thus increasing margins
Some key questions to ask during the selection process are: what are your business needs and why are you looking at new review software? If you need customization, Halogen allows for that, with some minor restrictions. Halogen allows for large reporting trees/org charts where third and fourth level managers (if needed) can view and approve items. Do your managers and upper level management need reports? Halogen offers that, but they are not flashy. Again, they do offer really functional reports, just not visually pleasing.