From a longtime user: Good value.
November 11, 2020

From a longtime user: Good value.

Software Version

Power PDF Standard

Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)

Sorry to start off like this, but I first found it (around 2005?), even before Nuance acquired it....maybe? Nuance had Paperport, then it added PDF Creator, I think. I've been in the business thirty years, so I sometimes forget who acquired/developed/released which product when. :)
Regardless, I found it because I wanted a cheaper alternative to Acrobat. I tried PDF Creator (4, I think), at first for simply printing-to-PDF LONG before word processors had that built in.Then I started using editing features, cropping/resizing, secure signatures. I've only installed Advanced PowerPDF at one law firm, they used it for Bates Stamping. Other than that, it's been the standard version, and it's worked great for me and for my customers. I still think of it as Nuance, even though the Kofax acquisition is what? A couple of years old already. Regardless, the product is still good, and I recommend it.
  • Printing to PDF/rendering accurately.
  • Secure signatures.
  • Resizing/cropping.
  • Adding comments/collaboration features.
  • Opening medium-size files (1-3 MB?) can take a while sometimes.
  • Activation wizard's ability to remove an activation and transfer is flaky (sometimes).
  • If there isn't a Mac product, please consider developing one.
  • Cheaper than Acrobat.
  • Easier to use than Acrobat.
  • Works well.
  • That should be enough.
It was mostly easy to use. Average end-users mostly can't figure out the signature feature on their own, and therefore most of my users prefer not to use it, even after I show them how. They'd sooner insert a JPG of their signature. Not as good, but it works for them.
Already stated: it works, it was cheaper than Acrobat, and it's got the features my users need.
I haven't used it that much. Some cases took a while to resolve because they weren't escalated in a timely manner. This happens with almost every technology company, so...Kofax/Nuance is no worse than many good companies on this one. But, you asked, so there it is.

Do you think Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)'s feature set?

Did Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) go as expected?

Would you buy Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) again?

Comments, text boxes, signatures, adding/inserting/removing pages.
Seriously? Hard to say. I work with small businesses, and they need the features I've mentioned in this survey, and maybe a couple of others. I can only think of what-might-be funny answers, so I won't give those. I can't think of anything right now.