Overall Satisfaction with Kronos Workforce Ready
We did not get much support when we were trying to implement. We felt like we were the only company with requirements for both Canada and the US and this seemed odd to us because North America is the most common place it was implemented. We found there was no integration with our source system so this made us have to create files so we can update members by position and make sure the right managers are in place for each group. We were not able to produce the requirements in a timely manner and we were not treated respectfully by the project manager from Kronos at the time.
We are currently using Kronos Workforce Ready (KWR) for our salaried exempt and non-exempt employees. We are integrating the reporting from KWR to ADP for payroll and we do reporting from KWR. I was part of the implementation team and training members to use it. We were finally able to eliminate the paper copies that were being filled out by either members and physically signed off by supervisors and managers to approve timesheets then turn them into payroll via walking to their office and dropping them off. Then payroll would manually enter the hours/defaults into ADP which they no longer need to do as it is now an upload, all paperwork has been removed. We are also using it for FMLA/STD approvals and reporting in the system. Manufacturing is using Kronos Workforce Central which we implemented in 2006 and have been enhancing [it]. We are looking to upgrade that system in 2017 to Version 8.
- Displays our vacation used, approved, taken, and what is forecasted that we have remaining. Great one stop shop!
- Automates approvals by managers and once submitted approvals go directly to payroll and they can properly and quickly load to ADP saving time and giving more quality.
- Easy to use and submit for time off. We have set up all of our reasons and it is tracked by member and by manager group so the manager can see all of his employees' time off in one calendar.
- Eliminates paper! Quick and easy to submit time cards after validation then workflow takes it to the manager which then takes it to payroll.
- We would like to see better support. We ended up configuring it as needed even though we were trying to work with the KWR implementation team to get configuration done, we were not able to supply all the needed items in a timely manner so we ended up doing it ourselves as we had to pull information from our payroll team of 3 with 99 years combined experience - could have used some help with change management!
- They have added a middleware tool that will allow us to submit and process files more efficiently, we are just implementing this but are excited to see some improvement as to the way the data is moved and secured.
- I'd like to see more engagement from Kronos when implementing and I do not think we use their support as we feel we are strong in understanding what we have and how it is configured, however if we lose our support person in HRIS who is the main admin, we will be looking to Kronos for guidance and I'm not sure they would know how to give it since we did the configuration and made all the interfaces on our own.
- Overtime for Salary Non-Exempt members is easier to track. They no longer have to fill out a time card on a piece of paper where things can be mis-interpreted or transposed.
- Salaried members as well as non-exempt members are using it 100% and we receive reminders from payroll to submit our time sheets after reviewing them making the entire approval process paperless! We are finally using a system that we can easily run reports from and utilize the outputs for files to upload which means less manual errors.
- We are no longer paying our managers to review a paper time sheet then compare it to their notifications on their calendar then walk it to the administrative assistant so they can double check compared to the group calendar then they manually walked it up to the third floor for processing. This helped relieve manual tasks for all members and definitely allowed to increase staff productivity.
- We are using this system to report and approve FMLA and STD and record it properly allowing the medical center on site to systematically track timing and make sure appropriate paperwork is filled out in a timely manner.
- Payroll had to make some changes but they adapted quickly, they were trained and we are working with the system admin as a team partnering with Kronos and Global Information Services. They have their reports immediately, no waiting for sales areas to report their hours, etc.
We selected Kronos Workforce Ready as it was priced right for what we intended on using it for. We selected them also because we have been using Kronos Workforce Central for manufacturing and it seemed like the right thing to do for consistency in processes for timekeeping. It was a bit of a long implementation but there was a lot of change management for all users, managers, and payroll as well as reporting needs and file transfer requirements from our source system. KWR is well known and we have a good relationship with them as a vendor. We are continuing to look at how to upgrade our Kronos Workforce Central application to make life easier on the manufacturing clerks and hoping to provide them with some new functionality in the process.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports
The decision was made by our human resources director. He has a good relationship with Kronos and negotiated a good price as well as continued to work with us as we ran into issues with progress and gathering requirements. We found we have a lot of different ways we can get the correct data to the correct place. I feel we are able to work well in the system and it was easily adaptable to our users. Most of our users were totally excited to get off the paper and that was the main goal!
It is very well suited for salary exempt and non-exempt workers. I do not think we would use this model on a large scale in manufacturing as we are housing that software on our servers and completely control the outputs, the clocks (devices), the server updates, the reporting, and the changing of members as they cover different departments. Using Kronos Workforce Ready (KWR) makes sense for the exempt/non-exempt but not hourly because it would be too much for them to worry about. We have clerks that input vacation, personal, bereavement, etc., into the system and we run bi-weekly accruals as they are paid a week in arrears which is also different than how we use KWR.