Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft System Center Service Manager
We have more than 400 computers in our company, almost all of them running Windows OS. With Microsoft System Center Service Manager, we are able to manage them all together. We are able to install/uninstall software to all machines at once, install updates, configurations, and also deploy images to the computers. It is a complete package to maintain infrastructure with lots of features available. The tool indeed saves us a lot of time.
- Simplifies the operations of IT services
- Flexibility in configuration
- Application deployment across Windows machines
- Server and workstation provisioning
- The software requires a lot of memory to run smoothly, otherwise it will be slow.
- It takes some time to learn, and training prices are a bit high.
- The price is a bit high; System Center is not a cheap solution.
- Simplified our IT support
- Provided extra security for our systems
- Improved business process agility
The customer support service is excellent. They help from start/deployment through to any time later on. They responded quickly and resolved our issues professionally and in no time.
Do you think Microsoft System Center Service Manager delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft System Center Service Manager's feature set?
Did Microsoft System Center Service Manager live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Microsoft System Center Service Manager go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft System Center Service Manager again?
I think any organization that runs windows on their computers that is size over 50 workstations and looking for a complete package to manage their windows machines must have Microsoft System Center Service Manager, especially if they have Windows servers and VMs. The capability of managing multiple devices at ones can save a lot of time for the IT jobs.