Overall Satisfaction with Oracle HCM Cloud (including Taleo)
Only the recruiting and staffing department of my organization is currently using Taleo. It is not being used for internal recruitment as of now. So only the HR department is using it. They primarily use it for receiving job applications and hiring of the candidate. It makes it easy to keep track of applicants who have applied for specific roles. Also, the applicants' profiles remain in the system which can later be searched if required for a relevant position.
- Oracle HCM (Taleo) makes it convenient for recruiters to keep track of all the applicants and which stage they are in the hiring process for each job opening. It also makes it easy for applicants to see what all relevant jobs are available and they can set it up to receive notifications regarding the relevant jobs.
- Its maintenance is easy and does not require a lot of effort from our end as it is a cloud-based application and does not reside on our server.
- Helps to identify which candidates have already applied directly through the organization's career portal so as not to duplicate the applications from the placement consultancy firms and end up paying them. This also helps when auditing is done as a complete trail is available.
- Capability to search candidates is somewhat limited. The search results are not exhaustive and sometimes miss candidates satisfying the search criteria.
- Taleo does not have a mobile app which would have made life much easier for recruiters as they could have accessed it on the go as well.
- Reports are customizable but not easily alterable and UI seems somewhat dated. It logs out frequently and at times has hung and crashed for me.
Taleo offers a flexible and scalable talent management solution especially when hiring managers are not supposed to use it directly. As, its mobile version is fairly limited and does not have an app, all the benefits of Taleo like reduced approval times can not be attained when approvals are required by managers when they are traveling. So, in my opinion, it is one of the best tools available for candidate profile management and acts as a repository of candidate profiles. When entire workflows are required to be managed using Taleo, it is not the most efficient option.