System Implementation with ease
Dale Simpson profile photo
September 22, 2017

System Implementation with ease

Overall Satisfaction with Projectplace

We currently use Projectplace in several departments in our company. As an IT & T manager, I use Projectplace to track and manage upgrades and improvements to our systems. Besides this, I am currently using it to project manage the implementation of a new stock control and warehouse management system. We are working with a systems company and it allows members from both teams to collaborate on tasks.
  • It allows larger objectives to be split up into smaller tasks which can be assigned to individual team members. This helps in getting one big task done in a more streamlined way.
  • I really like the task scheduling option which sends you an email each morning outlining the tasks you have to do that day.
  • The schedule overview is also very helpful. This shows the main tasks you have to do from a more bird's eye view to see which overlap. Helps with resource planning.
  • I sometimes find it difficult to decide whether a task should be put as a main or subsidiary item.
  • Traditional structured projects (Gantt)
  • Action items and tasks
  • Prioritize resources and workloads
  • Delegate work assignments
  • Track time spent on activities
I haven't used many other dedicated project management tools in the past so my review may be slightly biased. I enjoy working with the platform and organising my tasks so each day I get a snapshot of what needs to be done. I also find the Gantt charts help very well for a management overview.
I make use of the collaboration features to enrol the assistance of technicians from our software provider who we're working with to implement a new system. This allows me to keep track of questions and answers all in one place.

Our marketing department uses the collaboration tools when working with outside marketing company and website designers.
  • It has helped to keep projects on track and therefore our overall direction
I have previously Smartsheet for keeping track of project items. The Projectplace platform is a much more flexible solution which allows for better use of resources and collaboration within teams.
I find it fantastic for managing my current new system implementation. It helps me to keep on top of daily and weekly tasks and allows me to assign tasks to other colleagues to keep the project running to schedule.

My colleagues in marketing also used it for tracking our new website build. It proved very useful for the duration. Subsequent glitches are also recorded within Projetplace and it is used to ensure they are actioned in a timely manner.

Planview Projectplace Feature Ratings