QuickBase quickly gives you a base to build your foundation for your project or department.
Richard (Ric) Hazel | TrustRadius Reviewer
Updated October 10, 2016

Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase

We use QuickBase as a repository for documents and as a way to create forms, reporting, and metrics for our Learning/Training Department that serves our greater IT org, Customer Technologies. We have yet to delve as deep as we can into its potential uses, but at present it has addressed our problem with where to store documents and files, as well as, a way to manage and organize our current restructuring of our department's policies, procedures, and development.
  • It is very easy to create apps specific to our needs.
  • It is a great way to manage and store documentation on many levels.
  • It gives us a one stop location where we can organize our entire restructuring effort.
  • I would like to be able to upload and store larger video files and Captivate files without having to zip them.
  • In our Learning/Training Department we have a need to share files so that we can have multiple sets of eyes on things as we design and develop learning elements. An easier or more intuitive method to share larger files would be great.
  • It may be because I am still relatively new to QuickBase, but it is not the easiest to navigate when trying to add new users, edit functionality of an app, etc.
We have achieved this benefit to a certain extent, but have not yet realized the full potential of the product. I anticipate that as our restructure effort moves forward we will have ample opportunity to test this and realize even more benefit from using the product. From what we have seen of it up to this point it has been indispensable for us as a means to organize our restructuring.
We have not used or evaluated any other product. QuickBase was the first one we looked at and was the only option we considered. It was not necessary for us to look any further as everything that we were looking for was accessible to us through what QuickBase had to offer.
It can be difficult for non-technical developers to navigate through the creation of applications, however, with that being said, QuickBase help is very efficient and accessible when trying to build something from scratch. Their customer support is top notch and responds quickly to every inquiry for assistance that I have made so far.
  • Building and deploying business applications faster
  • Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
  • Improving collaboration across one or more teams
  • Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
I have only updated a QuickBase-developed application twice so far, but both times it was very easy and painless. The product is designed very well and is relatively smooth and effortless to maintain and update. I have no complaints and can only say that the more I use it the more I see its benefit to us both now and in the future.
QuickBase is well suited for a department that has multiple users and has a need to store and share documentation across that department. It also is very good for departments or organizations that need to measure and report on specific activities and customize apps to make those measurements. It may not be the most appropriate for users who have a need to store or share large files.

Using QuickBase

7 - We are a small group within our org, but we consist of developers, designers, management, planners, and trainers. As a whole, we use the product to store documentation, create apps that help us manage and organize products, and share files as projects are being developed and designed. Overall, it has far exceeded what we need from a product.
4 - We have one very high level user to support our overall use. She is very organized and highly skilled at creating apps that measure and report. The other users have IT background and skills at creating databases. I would say, however, that it isn't necessary to have high level people support the product as it is intuitive and easy to learn.
  • A repository to aid in the restructuring of our department and programs.
  • A tool to create measurement and reporting tools during and after the restructuring effort.
  • A way to manage access for documents and files for anonymous users throughout our larger organization.
  • Sharing Captivate files as we development and design learning elements for our org.
  • Giving us one place to direct students in our new hire classes to find files, documents and other information needed before, during, and after class.
  • Created an app that will help us manage and navigate through the entire restructuring effort.
  • Sharing documentation across departments.
  • Tracking or measurement of corporate initiatives.
  • Creation of applications that would help manage projects.
QuickBase does everything we need it to do and more. It is exactly the product we needed at this moment in our development as a department. It will continue to grow in its use by our department and will increase in its importance to us as we move forward with our objectives.
  • It has allowed us to achieve our objectives earlier than we expected.
  • It has given us the tools we needed to organize.
  • It has made it possible for us to be more productive in our efforts.

Evaluating QuickBase and Competitors

• Price
  • Product Features
  • Product Usability
  • Third-party Reviews
I was not involved in the decision to move to QuickBase, but I believe that the most important factor was the usability of the product. Because we are trying to restructure our department, and have a few employees who are resistant to change, the ease of use was very critical as we moved forward.
Because I was not involved in that process it is hard for me to say. Using other products we have evaluated for other uses as a benchmark, I would say that we would test the functionality and compare it to other products so that an informed decision can be made. Again, having not been involved initially, I am assuming that this was the process in choosing QuickBase over another product.

QuickBase Implementation

Not really. The implementation was smooth. The most challenging part of implementing is getting people on board to see its usefulness and endeavor to use it on a regular basis.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - Implementing QuickBase has made it very easy to manage the changes within our organization. As we continue to work through our restructuring and implement our new programs and processes, QuickBase will be a vital tool for everyone within our organization. Without QuickBase I believe everything we have been striving to accomplish would have been much harder.
  • We encountered no major issues during our implementation.

QuickBase Support

Every issue or question that I have had has been addressed quickly and answered expeditiously. They are very good at what they do and I have absolutely zero complaints. It is rare to find a Customer Support department that is as knowledgeable, courteous, and efficient as QuickBase Support. Well done!!!
ProsCons
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None
I was trying to create an app and could not figure out exactly how to do it. Not only did QuickBase support answer my questions in a timely manner, they also provided me with extra information to make my app even more useful in the day to day management of my project.

Using QuickBase

Up to this point the product has done everything that I have needed it to do. When I have needed assistance I have received it quickly and efficiently. As a repository it has been an indispensable tool and will continue to allow us the flexibility we need to move forward.
ProsCons