Simply Measured Review
August 09, 2014
Simply Measured Review
Director - Digital
DR HortonMarketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Simply Measured
Simply measured was used to consolidate social reporting and online customer care into a dashboard, helping visualize data and make reporting more qualitative than quantitative. Not only did it help save time, it created actionable insight in ways I never thought to use the data.
- Easy integration of social data sources like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and even Google Analytics
- Customer care reporting provided is data that would be impossible to assemble manually
- Really like that it has both visual elements to the data, but easily links to the data sources
- Easily exported into Excel, Powerpoint, and PDF's
- The reporting output is pretty solid, not requiring much manipulation, which is good - as the ways to really adjust are limited in some areas.
- Do not like the billing structure - a number of clients (especially larger clients) only want this depth of reporting on a monthly or quarterly basis - making the investment a bit big for the client - even if it saves a ton of time for the agency partner.
- Wish there were easier ways to compare two data sets (like comparing one month to a previous month) or combine the data more easily from multiple sources than what is offered
- ROI depends on client needs - as mentioned in other parts of this review, this tool is not for every brand, so value really depends on need.
- For an agency, larger clients have to pay a lot (as price is based on number of fans/ followers / etc) and that pricing is not just based on the client licensing this, it affects your ability to track a competitor who might have a large social presence, as well as keywords and hashtags relevant to your industry
- Tool does not replace higher end tools like Radian6 for analytics, so it's another expense on top of other tools - on the plus side, it does not require any technical knowledge to use - so once you set it up, it does not have to be run and or managed by an analytics person
Used most of the higher end data tools like Radian6, Viral Heat, Sysomos, etc. This tool is really not a direct competitor - kind of unique in what it does and reports.
For my current client, it's not right - they would not be actionable with the data to really need this tool. For my past clients, I would suggest they stay on it and i think they would agree.
This tool is invaluable for customer care monitoring and social reporting. The investment though only makes sense when clients or brands want this sort of reporting on a weekly basis - as for monthly reporting only, it's hard to justify the hours saved vs. the money invested. You really need to understand what a client expects from their data and if plain Excel sheets are fine, this tool is overkill - but for those who really want more and expect outputs visually - this tool is great.