Overall Satisfaction with Skillsoft
We use Skillsoft as a part of our Learning and Organizational Development department at EnPro Industries. We've had an ongoing contract with them now for going on six years and have been very happy with their products and, especially, their service. We use their Business Curriculum library (online learning) and their Dialogue Design software to create custom content for our organization. We have also used their compliance/Academy product (we recently went with another vendor for the compliance portion, but still have the business courseware). The best and easiest part of working with Skillsoft is their people - my Learning Consultant and Account Representative team are a dynamic duo. We went through a recent revamp of our site and an upgrade to Skillsoft 8.0 and they answered every question or found someone who could and came in with helpful and creative suggestions. Speaking of the upgrade, Skillsoft just launched their new upgraded user interface, which makes them much more user friendly. As an administrator, Skillsoft is easy to use and teach others to use - everyone from our shop floor employees to our Executive staff worldwide uses it for their professional and personal development. All in all, I would recommend Skillsoft.
- Customer service/Account representation
- Provides useful information in the bi-yearly account reviews
- Updates to courses/content
- They are getting better, but keeping up with the IT times and keeping their site modern and user friendly
- Compliance - we had 2 seperate interfaces between the compliance part (Academy) and the Business Courseware catelog and our custom content - this created a lot of confusion around what was what. Support and the usablility of Academy was not up to par with what we were used to with the normal SkillPort.
- Technical support doesn't always have the answer
- Increased participation in employee development
- Less cost than sending employees out to training
- Increased knowledge in specific departments (better customer service, financial understanding for non-financial professionals, etc.)
We chose SkillSoft for the overall ease of use for both our users and our administrators and have a great value proposition. We have continued our contracts for the same reasons and the relationship we have built with our Learning Consultant and Account Representative.
I think Skillsoft is better suited for "office" employees - so who is your audience? Will you be creating custom content? If so, their Dialogue Design software is easy to use and publish to the site. Will you be a hands on, involved client? If so, they have great support and client relations. Do you like being involved in the industry? They have an awesome annual event called Perspectives with great speakers, demonstrations and people from around the world in the industry to network with.
700 - Everyone - from shop floor to our executive staff. Globally - North America, Europe, Asia - Pac, and South America.
20 - Basic computer skills, excel, ability to understand and train on a computer program. Overall, a very easy program to learn.
- Organizational/personal development
- Saving time/money on sending people out to training
- Ease of use
Skillsoft has become a standard in our learning and development culture - we use it as a baseline to be sent to other workshops, anyone is able to use it across the globe, from the shop floor up and everyone knows the system. We are also able to put our own content up and track those courses. And lastly, our Account Rep is awesome.
Evaluating Skillsoft and Competitors
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports
Usability and ease of use for our users and administrators. We want people to actually use what we have, so paying a little extra for something that will get used is worth it.
10 for my Learning Consultant and Account Rep
6 for the offsite technical support team
6 for the offsite technical support team
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We've had multiple times when they've provided exceptional support. I once accidentally deleted myself as the company administrator (which is not easy to do) and emailed my Learning Consultant - she was at an offsite, company event and took the time to step away and reinstate me in a matter of minutes.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using