Sococo is so great!
March 27, 2017
Sococo is so great!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Sococo
Sococo is used heavily in the development department. The ops and general company departments tend to use Lync, but some of the more tech savvy people in the company use Sococo to keep team interactions simpler. My department uses it to perform standups and meetings with people when they are working remotely. Some teams are almost entirely remote or predominantly remote. It's primarily used for meetings.
- The UI is more useful than you would expect floating heads in little rooms to be. Being able to get a visual of what's going on is very insightful.
- Being able to move around between rooms is a breeze.
- Screen sharing is very simple and an important activity to have streamlined.
- Audio quality is often a challenge. People will cut in and out.
- Video quality can be a challenge sometimes when someone is sharing their screen or camera.
- Moving between Sococo "Areas" can be a little bit challenging for new users not used to Sococo.
- Morning meetings are much simpler with sococo than without. Small powwows with coworkers to work out little bugs are also a lot more enticing since setup is essentially nonexistent.
- It might be argued that the cost of sococo isn't worth the benefits of simplicity and ease of use.
WebEx Meetings, Skype for Business, and Google Hangouts all require that you create some sort of "call event" that people can join or leave. Sococo gives you the ability to seamlessly move between meetings within one app and also provide a status of available or unavailable, or better yet, people can just see that you're in a meeting and who you're in that meeting with. This provides the opportunity for a boss to step in and determine a meeting isn't super important, so they can talk to someone in the meeting.
Sococo is great for small to medium heavily remote teams that want to perform meetings or just be in a situation where meeting is just a few clicks away instead of some sort of complex call system. It's also great if you want people to just drop in and out as you can perform a 30-second call without all the awkward setup you might have with Lync or WebEx.