Likelihood to Recommend
PayPal Here seems to be well suited for low volume merchants with a low average sale. We seem to struggle to have any kind of stability or success in taking payments with an average single sale amount of $300 and have to call in for help every time. They also don't always follow their own rules regarding when they will hold funds and when they won't.
Partner in OtherConsumer Services Company, 1-10 employees
- Our customers can check out no matter where we are.
- It is incredibly easy to use. Training new retail employees and volunteers takes almost no time.
- When we were shopping around for solutions, Paypal Here was very cost effective.
- Implementation with our current systems went very smoothly. The Paypal support team was great.
Analyst in Product ManagementSporting Goods Company, 501-1000 employees
- The receipt that people receive for a donation made through PayPal Here isn't easily edited/adjusted. I would like to add our branding and specific text to it.
Manager in Finance and AccountingNon-profit Organization Management Company, 1-10 employees
PayPal Here 8.3
Based on 4 answers
Support hasn't been needed in the 2 years of using PayPal but I have received calls from the company in the past asking about my experience with the device that was sent to me and they were pretty helpful with advice. Support is all over the internet if needed but for emergencies, so it is best to contact them during business hours.
The PayPal Here app and the PayPal Here card reader are the only solutions we have ever used for manual processing of credit card payments or performing transactions where we physically accept payment via credit cards in person. We have never tried the Square credit card reader device or any other point of sale system.
Return on Investment
- PayPal Here is worth every penny. We aren't charged anything more than processing fees and for those people that have PayPal accounts when they donate it costs us nothing, which is a money saver.
- Also, we have access to the donations collected within 1-2 business days via direct deposit, and having access to capital sooner increases our ability to meet our campaign goals.
- PayPal Here is also cheaper than ActBlue, the leading donation collection mechanism for Democratic campaigns. Additionally, the donations are bundled and sent to us via paper check once a week which causes a delay in access to funds and requires trips to the bank.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?