- Quosal has integration with several accounting packages and CRMs. This is key if you want to automate your business processes.
- Quosal's 'Order Porter' (e-quote system) is very end-user friendly. It can be setup to allow your customers to pick and remove products, change quantities, and electronically approve the quote. It can also be configured to capture payment via credit card, paypal, or leasing terms.
- Etilize Live, a module within Quosal, integrates with most major vendor catalogs to provide real-time pricing simply by entering the product sku. It also allows us to place orders with our vendors from within Quosal. We can guarantee that we are getting the best pricing available without the need to shop each vendor website.
- The first year we were using Quosal, they were consistently posting new 'How to' videos and live training sessions to help users become familiar with the software features and best practices. While those videos are still available, they are becoming less relevant with each software version patch. The help manual documentation should be updated with the software versions as well.
- ConnectWise Sell does an excellent job of neatly presenting quotes and proposals to the end user. There are multiple different options for the look and function of the quotes. There are also options for custom quote templates that are designed directly for your organization.
- ConnectWise Sell does a reasonably good job of connecting to and working with Autotask. It took our organization about 6 months to figure out the correct way to flow from quote to invoice with our systems. Sell will easily pull in your customer information from Autotask into a quote and allow you to send the quote direct from your email.
- ConnectWise Sell often becomes disconnected from the server. I have often had my other salespeople report that they were adding a product to a quote and it errored out on them saying the server could not be reached. They then have to close the quote completely and reopen it which interrupts their workflow.
- ConnectWise Sell does not always connect very well with Autotask. ConnectWise Sell is admittedly owned by ConnectWise which is a competitor to Autotask. Nevertheless, Sell does not give the ability of making an item set as recurring in the quote transfer to Autotask as a recurring item. All items come up as one-time purchases which may not be true.
ConnectWise Sell is primarily used in relation to our sales department. ConnectWise as a whole is used across the entire company. The business problem addressed is that we are able to create standard and customized end user quotes using both PDF style quotes as well as ORDER PORTER electronic signature style quotes. This allows us to win the quote, create sales orders, create purchase orders and order the right products. It also allows us to view historical quotes for reference in future quotations.
- We can retrieve a WON quote, copy it, modify it as necessary and send it to a customer. This insures that we used identical mfg part numbers and that the discount offered is the same as a discount previously offered.
- If we create quotes under various Connectwise Sell TABS, we are able to copy that specific tab to a new quote.. saves us a lot of time and insures accuracy.
- Connectwise Sell is modifiable to suit our specific needs... but we sometimes need support assistance in making those modifications particularly in layout areas.
- We have a large client with a vast number of sites. We can label each quote according to site which makes it easy to track in the future.
- Even though I have repeatedly and continue to have an issue with the KOALA being non functional.. and I have both verbally and thru the support ticketing system tried to resolve it.. and I have send step by step screen captures along .. the problem remains. It appears that CW Support seems to be more interested in their internal step by step processes, wanted ratings on their customer satisfaction and this major issue continues to not be resolved.. its been going on exactly since the last quarterly update was rolled out.
- on the RECENT QUOTES screen, 1/3 of the right side of the screen remains blank. I requested the ability to fill the remaining 1/3 of the screen by expanding my RECENT QUOTES to view more. Presently I can view 16 which I am told is the limit. Not good.
- It seems like the First Tier of Support is clueless when it comes to providing support. Every question seems to require escalation.. and this has the effect of not receiving support when it's most needed which is during the problem.. not 2 days later.
Sell is well suited for day to day quotes.
- The feature of making master templates and template TABS is a very nice feature for making quotes faster, even when the scenario isn't a perfect match for the template. That is what the template TABS are used in our organization to quickly get the match we need, adjust, and the quote is sent.
- If you will take the time to make your templates, you will save a lot of time. We went from quotes taking 30-1hr, to 15 mins.
- Because "CWS" stores all your quotes it is easy to pull up anything sent to your customer, who made it, and when it was sent, and all the details of the noted project.
- The republish feature is nice for when you forgot an detail, item, etc. Simply, go back to your quote add it and republish all without having to resend the quote to the customer.
- "CWS" is buggy! For us we had to make everyone an admin, since the approved by manager feature doesn't always work. In our department, we have done our own work-around for now, while we wait for "CWS" to fix this bug.
- When making a template, you cannot copy items from another template. You will need to make a fake quote and pull items from it if you have a well made tab of organized items. This is far better and faster than adding one by one items from ConnnectWise's Product List you created there.
- Errors do not tell you the cause. For example, if an item is discontinued by your ConnectWise Admin in the Product List, your "CWS" quote will not publish.
- Easy Flow
- Status updates in the Opportunity from ConnectWise Sell
- Integration with Ingram
- Form builder.. it's great but I dont have time to sit and go through all of that, so we usually have to pay for an updated form.
- Carrying the pictures of hardware, not having to re-add every time.
- Bundles with electronic orders would really help us out.
- We needed a web based solution that allowed for integration with vendors. This has provided an easy option for our users to quickly and accurately select products and create professional looking quotes.
- Quosal was the only web based product that allowed for ingesting quotes from our suppliers. This is a key factor in our process and Quosal does this seemlessly.
- Flexibility is key to our reps. Every rep has a different type of quoting template. Quosal allows our team members to quickly shift between these and create multiple versions with minimal efforts.
- We would like to see greater integration and features with Salesforce and QuickBooks. These are two of the leading products in the market and I believe there is room for improvement with these products.
- One of the benefits of technology platforms today are the communities and third party applications created within these communities. I would like to see Quosal start pushing their boundaries either vertically or horizontally in these markets quicker than they have. I like all of their advancements in training, but additional product offerings and solutions is critical to companies today. People expect more of a solution than a product today and this is the path.
- Connectwise Sell integrated with our CRM Connectwise Manage perfectly. Updating is simple and quick.
- Implementation and customer service/support is amazing.
- ConnectWise allows the addition of PDFs to the proposals to make a complete package for prospective clients.
- Overall we have had a great experience with ConnectWise Sell. I would like the PO system to be more integrated with actual electronic ordering and not with the sales reps.
- Speeds up the procurement significantly
- Makes quoting consistent and accurate with up-to-date pricing
- Improves interdepartmental communication and sales funnel tracking
- Quote form customization is very difficult
- Some critical functions (like Terms) are hard to find
- Integration to ConnectWise manage is an interface, not an integration.
- Custom made templates for Quotes, Proposals and profit sheets make document delivery easy.
- Live data feeds from our vendors simplify the shopping experience for our sales staff and historical pricing alerts make the pricing experience for our customers smooth and intelligent.
- The ability to mass import data directly from vendor spreadsheets helps to make complex quotes simple and quick.
- We have found that removing the eye candy helps performance on older, less capable workstations.
- We are currently looking to move our Quosal database to Micorsoft Azure cloud database to make our infrastructure more secure.
- Adoption to any tool is tough, it's important to stay on the sales team to insure they understand the real business value of a unified quoting tool.
We are using ConnectWise Sell to streamline and standardize our quoting process. This system provides us with professional looking quotes, and the ability to deliver them to our clients in a variety of ways. Before we began using it our quotes were done in Word and Excel formats, and combined into a PDF for presentation to our clients. ConnectWise Sell allows us to spend 80% less time building a quote with the use of templates, and getting the information our clients requested quickly.
ConnectWise Sell provides us the metrics and reporting we didn't have using a manual quoting process. Our close rate has increased 80%, and our sales team sees the results in real time. The integration into ConnectWise Manage has made it easy for our sales opportunities to be generated into orders, and move effortlessly thru the purchasing and service processes.
- It provides our company with a standardized quoting process. Everyone works the same way, uses the same templates, and generates a professional quote. Nothing gets left out or missed.
- Portal provides your sales staff and management with a complete view of their efforts. They see in real time what opportunities are in the pipeline, and how successful their efforts are when these opportunities are won.
- Provides a collaborative platform for our sales team to work on customer quotes. We can now have 2 or 3 members working in the same quote whereas before we had to wait for someone to free up the document before others could access it.
- It allows us to provide much more information in our quotes by attaching documents to the quote. Things like manufacturer specifications or brochures can now be easily attached into the quotes making it a presentation instead of a bunch of line items with numbers.
- ConnectWise Sell is customizable to meet the needs of my company. This is so important to us because similar products only allow you to do what they design it for. Our business changes regularly and we need our software systems to be agile and adaptive to it.
- I'd like to see ConnectWise Sell develop a more user-friendly environment for advanced form and template design that doesn't require developer skills or consulting engagements. in order for us to develop these forms makes us reliant on consultants. These engagements are worth the cost, but sometimes we just don't have time to wait for them to be delivered.
- I'd like to see ConnectWise Sell automatically generate a quote for items such as warranties or services that are expiring in ConnectWise Manage. This would save us a tremendous amount of time preparing quotes.
- I'd like to see a new version automatically created when changes are made to a quote with the ability to reverse or revert back to a particular version. Sometimes people make mistakes and delete or change something they shouldn't have. Or customers want a change to version 1 only to change their minds when you send them the updated one, and want to go back to the original one.
We made the decision to streamline and standardize the sales process in our organization. To accomplish this we needed a software that integrated with our CRM and operations software. It also needed to be customizable internally to work the way we worked. We began customization by making sure every template we created had all the legal and financial fine print included. We then company branded the templates with a look and feel that was ours.
We haven't found an area that it isn't well suited for, but we found areas that challenged us to the point we have to consider advanced development engagements with ConnectWise Sell to deliver. Internally we just don' t have the necessary skill sets to convert some our managed service contracts into the desired templates. To do this requires developers from ConnectWise Sell to design them and deliver them into the portal. It just takes time to perfect the process, but that is a hurdle we encountered in the early adoption of it.
- Seamless integration with ConnectWise
- Simplistic way in which to build a professional, clean quote that can be made as extensive or as concise as you choose
- Auto populating fields for thumbnails when adding products to quotes
- Live, up-to-date pricing for a list of vendors that populates for a selection of your choice simply by inputting the product ID
- Detailed reporting and analytics functions that tracks quoting progress and displays success rates
- Has integrated within the system a clever sales team/individual recognition program that can be utilized to create internal contests that promote healthy competition and camaraderie
- Would prefer to have the option to archive and organize accumulated (past) quotes in customized groups/folders
- Would prefer to have a less complicated setup process to customize the templates and set up the administrators/users upon upgrading to Quosal Sell
- Hosted on Azure and we have had minimal down time.
- Integrates with many other systems for a seamless experience.
- Support is excellent and they listen when you make suggestions and requests!
- Since the servers are on shared systems, sometime things slow down when usage is high. Not to a point where it is unusable though.
- A little grace period when adding licenses would be nice. When you hit your limit you cannot have any new users log on unless you disable an existing user. It takes a day or two for new users to activate.
- The strengths of ConnectWise has to be with its integration to the ConnectWise manage CRM, this allows us to create a quote and win it in minutes.
- We like the fact that we can have one of our distributors create a quote, and as a reseller we can pull that quote into ConnectWise Sell with just the quote number.
- The ability for ConnectWise sell to be sent directly to clients if the OrderPorter feature is activated saves our account reps time and is a custom letter and landing page our customers can access.
- The ConnectWise Platform has its idiosyncrasies, the process of winning quotes is a struggle since most times we have to win the quote from the ConnectWise Manage and it goes unwon in ConnectWise Sell.
- The PowerBI integration is really helpful when you only have a few different vendors, but the tool gets overwhelmed when you have 10 or more different companies you buy from. We have also seen that you have to keep your Data clean or what you will be looking see in PowerBI is completely wrong.
- The reporting in ConnectWise is powerful but complex. We at Lockstep use a ton of different reporting tools, but do not enjoy the reporting that ConnectWise does. It is bulky and hard to navagate.
- We use a tiered sales commission and finance has brought to our attention that this is something that ConnectWise can not handle.
Where ConnectWise isn't suited is as a stand alone quoting tool, if you do not have the other products in the suite. I feel like it loses its value. The online URL website to create quotes is slow sometimes and frustrating. I would not use the ConnectWise Sell if I was a large business, with 20 to 100 quoters.
- The ability to quickly generate and send quotes
- The ability to get quick approval and payment through Order Porter
- The ability to use templates and copy quotes for quick formatting
- Spell check does not work for us
- Needs to speed processing up...aka 'Slowzal'...
- The ability to integrate vendor ordering (we use Autotask)
- The integration of Connectwise Sell and Manage make the whole sales process seamless.
- Using Sell in conjunction with Etilize for up to date pricing and availability and Order Porter helps insure accurate pricing is quoted. The quote approval process also adds another layer of protection to help make sure all quotes going out are correct and there are no surprises after the deal is won.
- The visibility of Order Porter views is a nice tool for our account managers. They can see when the quotes are being looked at and this can often times lend itself to a good time to make a follow up call.
- My biggest complaint about Sell is the form designer. Trying to make changes on the forms you use for quoting is a horrible process. We have put off updating our forms just because of the amount of time it takes to figure it out and often times we have to pay for professional services to assist in getting the new forms together.
- There is not a good way to introduce 3rd party pricing sheets to the catalog. All the linked downloads are with the big distributors, would be nice to be able to download the smaller price sheets from other vendors we deal with.
- Syncs products to Connectwise.
- Keeps a central spot for all deal paperwork.
- Allows for searching across different sources for pricing.
- Cannot paste Excel tables into a tab for an analysis comparing current and new expenses.
- Does not support lease factors in term options.
- Cannot lock down part numbers used (to my knowledge) so reps make their own up.
- Needs beefier esignature.
- Hard to design templates due to create crashes and lock ups.
We have tentative plans to extend to the office equipment side of the house at some point in the future.
- Integrated with ConnectWise!
- Options... Customers can choose options presented in the quote.
- Online payments.
- Quirky issues when a proposal is "Won".
- Minor issues converting to Project, Agreement, etc.
- The ability to copy tabs and line items into other new quotes. This saves time and when I see a pattern of what we are ordering, or the likelihood we will order again, I create a template to streamline the process even further.
- The order porter approval and process that shows when clients are viewing and reviewing quotes has proven effective to closing deals. The training process has been slow, but steady as we train the end user to approve the quote online, vs email signed PDF attachment or verbal approvals which are not preferred or even accepted anymore.
- The Etilize search is invaluable as you may quickly search all of our 3 main distributors for in stock items, compare stock levels from our closest warehouses and plan estimated arrival dates. I usually am within a day at most from when I expect the products to arrive with the knowledge learned at the beginning of the quote process.
- On 1 of the custom Ripple order porter styles, I have found that notes that are not setup as a dialogue box above the product will not show in the PDF version. For example, if I put details of a product on a line time, it will not show on the order porter version, but it will show on the PDF and vice versa.
- The ability to add Dell Premiere quotes has been temporarily removed as Dell has changed their style. I know this is being currently worked on, but I am hoping for a quick resolution, as that feature saves so much time in creating Dell server and PC, Laptop quotes.
- The Success List is not user friendly or easy to read with all the clutter in my opinion. The different shades of green, grey, and red buttons are not clearly defined. This might be easily solved with a quick ChatAssist session pointing me to training or a resource. Perhaps I will just remove that pod on the home screen and replace it with something else.
- ConnectWise integration. Opportunities are linked to Quosal quotes.
- GreatAmerica Leasing tie in. Allows us to add lease estimates to our quotes with a few clicks.
- Reasonably easy to use as long as we don't want to do too much.
- Hard to use for complex comparisons, choices, options, etc.
- Order Porter is a nice feature but it not very user-friendly. Should not have to train our clients on how to use the order site. Should be more intuitive.
- Not very customizable. Yes there are settings that can be changed but to do any real customization requires extensive effort.
- Does well if all client quotes look basically the same. Good for quoting things that are available in the database or via Excel.
- Does not work very well with PDF quotes from sources or complex quotes.
- Also does not do versioning very well.
- Connectwise Linking
- Email notifications when a prospect opens a quote
- Utilize integration
- Incredibly Slow
- Clunky Interface
- Lack of ease in formatting your proposals
- Big changes to the templates require a support ticket with Quosal, and they charge you for it
- I think the flexibility of the software in terms of setting up different types of quotes seems to be fantastic.
- The look and feel of the actual quote itself.
- There have been some direct integration problems with Quosal into ConnectWise. This was one of the primary reasons we moved to Quosal. I'm confident that the integration will work out over the next several months.
- Training materials need to be published and accessible by all of my team member on-demand. There has been some issues in getting this part streamlined.
- Ability to design quote templates fully on your own instead of having to work with Quosal on implementing changes.
ConnectWise Sell Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ConnectWise Sell
ConnectWise Sell (formerly Quosal) is the quote and proposal solution of the ConnectWise Suite. With ConnectWise Sell, users can create professional technology quotes and proposals that include rich product information, cover letters, and statements of work in minutes and automatically update their sales pipelines accordingly.
The vendor says key benefits include:
- Save time creating IT quotes and proposals through automation
- Create visually appealing and presentable quotes that promote your brand
- Build and unify a consistent sales structure
- Easily import bill of material and deal registration documents
- Access real-time pricing and availability from major distributors
- Keep your sales information in sync with integrations to CRM platforms such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Autotask, and of course, ConnectWise Manage!
Additionally, with ConnectWise Sell's online, interactive quote delivery system, clients can customize their order and accept their quote with built-in e-signature capabilities.
ConnectWise was named a Niche Player in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Configure, Price, Quote Application Suites. Ninety percent of reference customers for ConnectWise said they would recommend its product without qualification. ConnectWise achieved the highest rating for technical support of any of the vendors in this report. The full report can be accessed here.
ConnectWise Sell Screenshots
ConnectWise Sell Integrations
ConnectWise Sell Competitors
ConnectWise Sell Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, Europe, Australia|
|Supported Languages: ||English|