Sparkcentral by Hootsuite is a social customer care solution that aims to let users keep a personal touch, as a cloud-based customer engagement platform that caters specifically to customer care teams within large enterprises, enabling them to deliver real-time social...
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Sparkcentral, by Hootsuite, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Sparkcentral by Hootsuite is a social customer care solution that aims to let users keep a personal touch, as a cloud-based customer engagement platform that caters specifically to customer care teams within large enterprises, enabling them to deliver real-time social customer service. Sparkcentral's software generates profiles on every social customer to ensure that the right conversations are automatically prioritized and routed to the customer support team, who can then respond quickly and accurately.
Whether for a performance-focused solution, an increase in customer satisfaction or a perfectly balanced messaging strategy, Sparkcentral is designed to help find a customized solution to reach your goals.
Sparkcentral boasts users among clients such as Emirates, Air Canada, Engie, AXA, DPD, Concentrix, Noon, Careem and Slack.
Customer Service & Support Features
- Knowledge Base
- Customer Support Portal
- Case Management
- Call Center Management
- Support Analytics
Reporting & Analytics Features
- Customizable Reports
- Scheduled Reports
- Alerts / Notifications
- Custom Fields
- API for Custom Integration
- Multi-factor Authentication
- Role-based Authorization
- Field Level Access Control
- Single Sign-on Capability
Social CRM Features
- Social Data
- Social Engagement
- Social Collaboration
Integrations with Third Party Software
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Data Import and Export Features
- Social Media Management
- Help Desk
- Call Center Routing
- Mobile Access
Sparkcentral was acquired by Hootsuite in January 2021.
- Supported: Intelligent Routing
- Supported: Seamless Escalation
- Supported: In-App Messaging
- Supported: Social Channel Customer Service
- Supported: Text Customer Service
- Supported: Reporting & Analytics
- Supported: Customer Profiles
- Supported: Customer Personalization
- Supported: Knowledge Base
- Supported: Macros
- Supported: Contextual Engagement
- Supported: Omnichannel
- Supported: Transcripts
- Supported: Pop-up Chat
- Supported: Co-Browsing
- Supported: Targeted Emails
- Supported: Conversation Archiving
- Supported: Team Inbox
- Supported: Visitor Activity
- Supported: Help Desk
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Supported Languages||English Interface, Software can accept any language|
- Customer Service response time is brilliant
- Reports are extremly detailed
- Queue management & the interface of the platform is very user friendly
- Allowing users to connect more social media platforms
- Having a mobile app is extremly essential as the website is not mobile friendly
- Sparkcentral provides great customer support.
- Love the user feed.
- Knowledge Base.
- Better Reporting.
- More targeted insights.
- Developing specific user profiles as to give Sparkcentral users-targeted insights regarding customer interaction.
- Our team enjoys the fact that if there is an issue with the site the developers provide an update across the top of the platform. This allows us to receive real time data and plan accordingly.
- The knowledge base updates which allow you to have a personal and default collection work great! This allows us to have uniform information for any important disclosures that need to be provided for customers, but also allows us the option to have our own way of providing customers information.
- Customizing reports is key for us. There are different pieces of information needed for various reports we pull to show what we do. This allows us the option to build what we need as we go.
- In the beginning our team had the option to see what another user was typing as they responded to a post. With the latest update, this was taken away. That feature was key for us to shadow agents remotely who are still in training to provide real time feedback.
- Our company has a number of different brands that we manage. Having a truly unified queue would be a great addition for us!
- The bulk resolve should allow the option to select on the posts that you wish to resolve instead of selecting a time frame for bulk resolve. Often we find that marketing posts generate more volume in the evening. However, there are sometimes posts where the customer needs assistance during that time. So, if we were to bulk resolve for a certain number of evening hours we would potentially miss a customer's concern through that option as it is currently. But, if the option was to go through and select on all marketing posts and then bulk resolve you would ensure that you are not missing a post where a customer needs assistance.
- Allows for automated tagging, while also giving the option to disregard these.
- Customer service is very responsive, personable and helpful.
- Allows for users to respond completely within the platform, making work load more efficient.
- The biggest con I found while using Sparkcentral, has since been resolved. Which was that it wasn't able to do retroactive bulk resolving.
- It's an excellent tool for collaboration. The UX is friendly and intuitive and our team loves the internal chat.
- The workflow is seamless and provides easy-to-use features for the team and leaders to do what they need to do.
- The integrated knowledge base is easy to manage, search and use.
- We could always use deeper and richer reporting features! It would be nice to have a way to easily set up notifications for other departments.
- Love the tabs for each brand our company manages on social media. We manage several so it keeps things nice and neat.
- Love the easy to use layout.
- Love the boomerang feature. It is helpful when we need to follow up on something since it will come back in our feed at whatever time we set as a reminder, so we don't forget about it.
- Bringing back the option to see not only who is responding to a customers post, but actually seeing the response as they are typing it out. That was a neat feature to have.
- It will timeout, which is a bit annoying sometimes but not a huge deal.
- Sparkcentral makes it incredibly easy to manage queues, and assist repeat customers without losing any efficiency in the conversation. Agents are able to see a constant flow of the conversation so they are able to better respond and assist the customers.
- Agents are able to set up reminders so they can better follow up with customers. This allows them to either ensure resolution was achieved as expected, or surprise and delight the customer with a follow up several weeks or months out.
- The workflow is one of the greatest features of Spark. It allows you to avoid agent collisions by pushing conversations to the next available agent versus agents choosing them and potentially responding twice. Agents are also able to see when a co-worker is working on a post and can move on to the next or assist if needed.
- The only drawback for my group with Sparkcentral is the lack of a unified queue. We manage 19 different social pages and counting, and are unable to see all of the traffic in one location. Agents having to go between 19+ pages to check for content can make it less efficient on time.
- They catch everything that is posted to your brand's Facebook and Twitter page.
- They provide a boomerang feature, so with high volume or weekend checking you're not forgetting certain conversations.
- They let you add details about each user who interacts with your brand.
- I would like to see a scheduling feature for FB and Twitter. I know there are programs such as Buffer and Hootsuite, but it would be nice to be able to schedule on Sparkcentral. "One stop shop."
- I would like to have retroactive automations. I know they are coming, but I feel like they are important to have as we occasionally get spammed or run contests with hashtags that take up our queue.
- It pulls in customer mentions in real time.
- Collects data through tagging that used for market research.
- Queues messages to crewmembers. Avoids overlap.
- Allows us to monitor real-time what's being sent out.
- Improve reporting functions.
- Sparckcentral has amazing customer success reps and account managers. They are very communicative and quick to help resolve any issues.
- Sparkcentral has a robust system for keeping track of customers' account information. Everything we need to keep track of is already included.
- The Secure Authentication feature in Sparkcentral helps establish a secure relationship with our customers; it shows that we take their security very seriously and that they can trust us.
- It would be good to see some more robust metrics/reporting details
- Sparkcentral is user-friendly and easy to learn.
- Sparkcentral leaves room for notes to be left about your customer, so you can remember information for the next time you talk.
- Sparkcentral's topic feature allows us to filter out easier questions to newer team members.
- I'd like to see Sparkcentral work out their kinks. Our team often has small bugs that aren't resolved after reporting that we just work around.
- I'd like to see a feature where we don't have to log out/in between Twitter accounts to favorite a Tweet from a specific account or view a direct message from that account.
- Sparkcentral lets us have a super efficient overview of customer requests via social media. Multiple team members can work in the tool without the threat of double answers to the same request.
- The assign option within Sparckcentral allows you to implement the tool throughout your organization and assign questions to the concerned departments, which is extremely important when you're in a complex business like aviation.
- Sparkcentral allows you to see the entire history you've had with a customer, so you never have to worry about giving an embarrassing answer and most importantly, it allows you to have an even more personalized conversation with your customers.
- It would be great if Sparkcentral could capture all our online customer requests and reviews, meaning aviation and travel forums. That way we could manage the conversations with our clients even better
- The reporting functionalities could be improved, so that KPI's can be evaluated better, but I know that Sparkcentral is working on this. Their teams are constantly working on improving the product.
- Very user friendly (ease of use) there is no need for a difficult set up or user training. It is very intuitive and has no difficult or useless buttons
- It performs faster than other tools, it is the fastest in capturing messages and dealing with them.
- Reporting services are very limited, but is not a social media listening tool, but there could be more data in it.
- The biggest advantage of the Sparkcentral platform is its "inbox zero" philosophy. With this, our customer support requests are queued within the app, and agents need to work down the queue to keep it empty.
- The app is designed from the ground up for customer care - instead of taking a generic social platform, and sprinkling in some customer care tools. Everything about Sparkcental is designed for helping our customers.
- Sparkcentral allows us to do much better CRM. We can make customer notes, see recent interactions, determine who helped the customer (and when).
- Mobile is lacking entirely. While the site is responsive, it is not possible to use Sparkcentral on the go with a mobile device smaller than a tablet.
- Sparkcentral has a simple interface that makes internal training an easy and time saving process.
- With Sparkcentral, we can easily distribute access to our Twitter handles and track the performance of agents.
- Dealing with a large amount of customers, Sparkcentral is great for finding past interactions on Social Media.
- We've been with Sparkcentral since the early days and I honestly can not think of a single thing with the current app that I am disappointed with.
- User interface and experience is top notch.
- Conversation management tools make it easy for multiple users to work together on the same account.
- Reporting & Statistics are super helpful when following your team members use of the software.
- Still need to integrate Instagram tracking into the software.