Best Social Media Customer Service Software include:
Social Media Customer Service Software TrustMap
TrustMaps are two-dimensional charts that compare products based on trScore and research frequency by prospective buyers. Products must have 10 or more ratings to appear on this TrustMap.
What is Social Media Customer Service Software?
Social media customer service is the practice of proactively listening for and responding to support issues on social channels. Social customer care has emerged as one of the most important ways in which social technology is used by companies. This has been driven by consumers who quickly discovered that the quickest route to a customer service response was not to call the company and open a support ticket, but to tweet an issue to the world. The very public nature of the grievance is almost certain to to elicit a very rapid response—certainly more rapid than more traditional channels. Some social media customer service solutions like Conversocial and Lithium Social Web specialize in this specific use case. In response, some platform vendors have started to add support functionality, including things like ticket routing, to their platforms.
How Social Media Customer Service Differs from Standard Customer Service
The goal is to make support in the form of agents and knowledge available through the most convenient channel: social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. It is different from other approaches to CRM in that agents use social listening, tracking, alerts, and workflow automation features to identify and respond to all customers who have questions or problems, regardless of whether they create a support ticket or even contact the company directly.
Social media is typically not the sole channel for support; it is usually part of a multi-channel customer service strategy that may also include a call center, email support tickets, live chat, and/or a self-help portal.
Why Businesses Choose Social Media for Customer Support
Proponents of this approach say social is a promising support channel for two main reasons:
1. Most customers already spend a lot of time on social networks, and engaging in social media conversations is faster, easier, and less stressful than engaging over phone or email.
2. Customers often express their feelings around brands, products, and support experiences to their peers via social. They can post comments or questions on a brand’s profile page, tag @ or # mentions of the brand. By responding to all of these cases, support agents ensure that the maximum number of customer needs are met. Because social media is a somewhat public venue, good social support experiences create positive PR and prevent complaints from going viral.
Social Media Customer Service Software Features & Capabilities
Not every social media customer service solution will feature the use of AI-powered customer support, but this is an increasingly popular capability. Businesses can employ the use of customer support bots via various channels to streamline customer support and provide on-demand and live assistance.
Organization & Management
Social Media Customer Service Software ComparisonTo compare different social media customer service solutions, consider these factors for each product offering, and make sure they have these capabilities:
- Allow for rapid, real-time responses from a unified platform.
- Notifications and alerts to address spikes in requests, but also to monitor sensitive social media situations.
- Intelligent AI, to manage personalization and minimize errors.
- Robust suite of analytics capabilities, to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improving your brand's social media strategy.