Reviews (1-6 of 6)
- API first strategy
- Support and consultancy
- Product roadmap/vision
Midsize business: Potentially, if you plan to extend your organization and have a vision where to take your business technology.
Enterprise business - Nuxeo allows you to dream big and create solutions that fit your business without taking you down a one-way path, locking you in. Extreme flexibility. This is like LEGO, a giant pile of pieces. You build what you have in mind and you can always change it as you grow--future proof.
The second use case is as a document repository. Any files we generate, store or reference are to be handled by Nuxeo.
- Performant as a scaled asset repository.
- Customizable with existing technology staff (Java).
- Flexible integration (ReSTful APIs).
- Low-code & No-Code customizations could go deeper.
- Installation can be a bit dicey for new developers.
- Core concepts could be better documented for self learning.
Customizing the document shapes in Nuxeo allows for incredible flexibility in managing metadata to describe assets, granting agility for future-forward discovery of assets as new capabilities are added.
Flexible integration with a wide variety of systems using integration platforms like Apigee or Mulesoft for example, as well as more directly via ReSTful APIs and even out of the box tools like a Salesforce connector for example, make Nuxeo an easy choice for a medium to large enterprise.
I have found Nuxeo to be a strong partner with regards to architecting and designing solutions which leverage their product as a component.
However, for all the benefits, Nuxeo limits the number of technical contacts capable of opening tickets and escalating issues. Keep this in mind. While they have been flexible with our account, your mileage may vary.
I do think developer/engineer experience could be improved significantly. While the APIs are documented well, and the product works well once installed and configured … it's that very setup process which has posed the greatest challenge to our engineers.
Looking holistically at Nuxeo's end-to-end product experience, I remain confident we made the right choice. And would make the came choice again. Improvements to the setup and onboarding processes for the product would only enhance this opinion.
Nuxeo has been key for several of our enterprise clients who require a global platform that can be customised for their specific requirements.
As it is a platform it enables you to create solutions that suit your business requirements as opposed to being forced to work in a certain way.
For simple use cases, a off the shelf product may be more suited.
Nuxeo University is also a great resource for onboarding.
Other options/tweaks will require development to achieve but the tools offered enable this to be delivered in an agile way.
The out of the box UI is extremely user friendly and so end-user onboarding is an easy task.
- Ease of deployment.
- Adaptable to any type of content or metadata.
- Modern technologies and architecture at its core.
- Scales well.
- Documentation is often unclear or lacking robust examples (though continues to improve over time).
- Integration with modern enterprise identity management providers could be improved.
- The ability to isolate data and indexes at the back end, to allow greater flexibility in very large enterprises, would be helpful.
have worked on Nuxeo projects for enterprise digital asset management and media
asset management (for video production).
These have been large-scale deployments, in some cases involving
millions of assets and petabytes of data, in both a cloud-based and hybrid
model. We have deployed it to replace disparate and/or legacy systems, often in cases where all enterprise staff are potential end users and adoption is key.
- Adaptability - Nuxeo is a well-supported platform that provides the foundation and building blocks to meet many different possible use cases
- Nuxeo University provides solid e-learning paths for developers and administrators
- Written documentation could be improved
can be an ideal product for an enterprise that needs a highly-customizable
solution built on a well-supported underlying platform. It is not intended to be an out-of-the-box
solution; rather, it is a foundation for enterprises that want to be able to
adapt it to their specific use cases while still having the benefits of regular
updates and fast support.
support team understands the inner workings of the product very well. They also seem to communicate closely with the
product team and are able to consult with them behind the scenes when needed. In our experience, in addition to typical product support, they have also aimed to add new features to the product to help address customers' requests; however, niche or customer-specific features may be on the customer to develop and implement via customizations. The product roadmap is well communicated, and we have regular check-in meetings with Nuxeo's customer success specialists.
Nuxeo provides a
WebUI that they are always improving based on customer feedback. The interface is designed with flexibility in
mind - this means that it must be customized to the business's use case before
it can achieve its maximum usability.
The Nuxeo Studio
interface provides developers and administrators the building blocks to achieve
much of this customization - they just need to put the building blocks together
in ways that best meet the end users' needs.
The API and SDKs allow for more advanced customization.
- Online training
- in-person training
Nuxeo Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Nuxeo?
The Nuxeo Platform is a cloud-native Content Services Platform designed to make it easy for large enterprise organizations to build smart content-centric applications that enhance customer experiences, improve decision making, and accelerate products to market.
The vendor states its customers choose Nuxeo because:
- Flexible deployment options: deploy in your cloud, ours, or a hybrid model
- Low-code application development: quickly build robust content-centric applications
- Intelligent scalability: our modular architecture is independently scalable and entirely elastic
- Business-specific AI: easily train custom machine learning models on your content and data for more accurate enrichment, classification, and tagging
- Content federation capabilities: get a 360° view of the information within your organization
- Schema flexible data model: limitless metadata fields, add or remove at any time, complex objects, and more
- Support for any type of content: effectively manage traditional documents (PDFs, Word Docs, etc.) as well as rich media (images, video, 3D, etc.)
Nuxeo Videos (5)
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Nuxeo Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||38%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||62%|
Nuxeo Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Nuxeo Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||North America, Europe, Japan|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese|