- User management and as an identity provider to other software components
- CMS - content management - binary files that …
Automated workflows (24)
File sync, storage & archiving (24)
Content search & retrieval (23)
Content publishing & creation (23)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Nuxeo, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
The Nuxeo Platform is a cloud-native Content Services Platform designed to make it easy for large enterprise organizations to build smart content-centric applications that enhance customer experiences, improve decision making, and accelerate products to market.
The vendor states its customers choose Nuxeo because:
- Flexible deployment options: deployable in the user's cloud, Nuxeo's cloud, or with a hybrid model
- Low-code application development: build content-centric applications
- Intelligent scalability: its modular architecture is independently scalable and entirely elastic
- Business-specific AI: train custom machine learning models on content and data for more accurate enrichment, classification, and tagging
- Content federation capabilities: get a 360° view of the information within an organization
- Schema flexible data model: limitless metadata fields, add or remove at any time, and complex objects
- Support for any type of content: manage traditional documents (PDFs, Word Docs, etc.) as well as rich media (images, video, 3D, etc.)
- Supported: Content capture & imaging
- Supported: File sync, storage & archiving
- Supported: Document management
- Supported: Records management
- Supported: Content search & retrieval
- Supported: Enterprise content collaboration
- Supported: Content publishing & creation
- Supported: Security, risk management & information governance
- Supported: Contract lifecycle management
- Supported: Automated workflows
- Supported: Artificial intelligence
- Supported: Mobile support
- Supported: Integration
- Nuxeo Content Services Platform Overview
- Nuxeo Digital Asset Management Overview
- Content Services Platform Checklist
- ECM Replacement RFP Guide
- Why switch to a content services platform?
- The future of commercial photo studios
- Optimize product designs & launch products faster
- How cloud-based Digital Asset Management powers collaboration
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||38%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||62%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||North America, Europe, Japan|
|Supported Languages||English, French, Albanian, Arabic, Basque, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Serbian, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese|
- API first strategy
- Support and consultancy
- Product roadmap/vision
Midsize business: Potentially, if you plan to extend your organization and have a vision where to take your business technology.
Enterprise business - Nuxeo allows you to dream big and create solutions that fit your business without taking you down a one-way path, locking you in. Extreme flexibility. This is like LEGO, a giant pile of pieces. You build what you have in mind and you can always change it as you grow--future proof.
- Low code
- Cloud support
- Studio configuration
- Rich and extensible rest API
- User management
- Low code operations
- Easiness of deployment
- Superb user interface
- Less content about app online
No code/low code app designing and deployment
Won't be that much preferable if you are looking for software with a nice amount of guides/tutorials online
- Their modern approaches and broad analysis about content is super.
- Its strategical techniques about accelerating any kind of product launching will lead them more ahead.
- Any kind of media-related content can easily be available with so many positive reaches.
- Well, Nuxeo is an amazing software, always providing its users or developers what they need actually.
- It's tough for getting full set up and capabilities for early users.
- For uploading documents each and every time needed lots of support.
- I had faced with a problem of raising my ticket and it returned with no reply.
- But still it is top most software to use.
- Performant as a scaled asset repository.
- Customizable with existing technology staff (Java).
- Flexible integration (ReSTful APIs).
- Low-code & No-Code customizations could go deeper.
- Installation can be a bit dicey for new developers.
- Core concepts could be better documented for self learning.
Customizing the document shapes in Nuxeo allows for incredible flexibility in managing metadata to describe assets, granting agility for future-forward discovery of assets as new capabilities are added.
Flexible integration with a wide variety of systems using integration platforms like Apigee or Mulesoft for example, as well as more directly via ReSTful APIs and even out of the box tools like a Salesforce connector for example, make Nuxeo an easy choice for a medium to large enterprise.
I have found Nuxeo to be a strong partner with regards to architecting and designing solutions which leverage their product as a component.
However, for all the benefits, Nuxeo limits the number of technical contacts capable of opening tickets and escalating issues. Keep this in mind. While they have been flexible with our account, your mileage may vary.
I do think developer/engineer experience could be improved significantly. While the APIs are documented well, and the product works well once installed and configured … it's that very setup process which has posed the greatest challenge to our engineers.
Looking holistically at Nuxeo's end-to-end product experience, I remain confident we made the right choice. And would make the came choice again. Improvements to the setup and onboarding processes for the product would only enhance this opinion.
- Process automation
- Deployment flexibility
- Low-code platform
- Issues with highly orchestrated containerized deployments
- Cloud-Native architecture
- Unlimited customisation options
- Powerful automation and workflow options
- Cost prohibitive for smaller companies
- Extensive configuration required for some features
As it is a platform it enables you to create solutions that suit your business requirements as opposed to being forced to work in a certain way.
For simple use cases, a off the shelf product may be more suited.
Nuxeo University is also a great resource for onboarding.
Other options/tweaks will require development to achieve but the tools offered enable this to be delivered in an agile way.
The out of the box UI is extremely user friendly and so end-user onboarding is an easy task.
- Ease of deployment.
- Adaptable to any type of content or metadata.
- Modern technologies and architecture at its core.
- Scales well.
- Documentation is often unclear or lacking robust examples (though continues to improve over time).
- Integration with modern enterprise identity management providers could be improved.
- The ability to isolate data and indexes at the back end, to allow greater flexibility in very large enterprises, would be helpful.
- Adaptability - Nuxeo is a well-supported platform that provides the foundation and building blocks to meet many different possible use cases
- Nuxeo University provides solid e-learning paths for developers and administrators
- Written documentation could be improved
Nuxeo provides a WebUI that they are always improving based on customer feedback. The interface is designed with flexibility in mind - this means that it must be customized to the business's use case before it can achieve its maximum usability.
The Nuxeo Studio interface provides developers and administrators the building blocks to achieve much of this customization - they just need to put the building blocks together in ways that best meet the end users' needs. The API and SDKs allow for more advanced customization.
- Online training
- in-person training
- Ability to search
- Amazing support
- Regular updates
- I felt like select all button is missed
- Back button in fitters section is also not there
- The community is limited
- Super fast and usable search
- You can compose your own workflow process with content
- Fast content loading, performance is must for SEO
- Great content analytics out of the box
- Too hard to start, onboarding need to be improved
- Some UI elements are not usable
Nuxeo provides a platform that is flexible and dynamic for us. We have applied its capabilities to create more collaboration and access to our digital assets. We are able to tailor the system to do some unique things such as enrich our assets with data from other systems via integrations for Product, Rights and Project Management.
- Allows customization
- Leverages APIs
- Offers a cookbook of add-on capabilities
- The ability to round-trip the actual data with the content model from Studio in a visual way
- The ability to decompile complex multi-valued fields so the contents can be used in a filter