Reviews (1-3 of 3)
January 31, 2019
Score 6 out of 10
Our company is a 7 restaurant food hall. Essentially, a food court that is 7 separate restaurants that are ran individually but made to function as one. Revel is used as our Point-of-Sale system for all the restaurants. We use the Revel Apple Store app, on iPads that are hardwired at each location. The challenges that we face is that it often does not link into the server very well, and when used at a high volume, crashes often. It is my belief that when operating at a smaller scale, with less inventory, it would function MUCH better. The inventory items we link into Ctuit, and that actually integrates with the accounting software very well. The ability to customize and have table layouts for the seated areas and bars is a great feature.
- I think that the ability to completely customize and make separate access for each employee is a great feature. It has the time clock features that tracks each employees punches, and allows me to set each of my staff with a pin code that has individual privilege access as well.
- The integration from Revel to Ctuit (which is our accounting/inventory software) is great. Revel items are linked to a created "recipe" (Food & Drinks) and then that creates food & alcohol costs for the company. Revel has features that let us run food cost reports based on location, and keeps pretty accurate track of our inventory.
- This is not a product for very high volume, multiple location companies. The system gets too overloaded, and then credit cards aren't processing, and the entire program will freeze or crash.
- Often has a problem with not capturing payments when a customer pays for their food. It stores in the "offline payments" section, but when we go in to process them, it kicks them out.
- Network connectivity clogs up when in a high volume use time period. Does not like being run off of a WiFi connection. ALWAYS hard wire this product if at all possible.
Read NAKIA EPLEY's full review
It is very well suited for a one or two location operation. When we got up into the 7 venues and the high volume of sales/traffic, is where things started to get a little jumbled up. The scanning functions and UPC generation is very effective when dealing with keeping track of 7 locations. The "open check" feature is a BIG problem for us, as orders would be made, but the system allowed you to go onto the next order without collecting payment for the previous.
January 29, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Let's be clear, all POS systems are will do nothing for you until you put in the effort to build your menu. Half ass the setup, get half ass results period. This software is fast, robust, dependable, and highly customizable. Support is available at all hours of the day and there are lots to learn on their online support. Have some patience, take time, set up your system, and it will be an asset to your business. I have been using Revel since 2014 and my staff and I love it.
Read Philip Gomez's full review
If you have simple transactions and small sales, Revel is probably too much. If you care about data, sales, growth, efficiency, systemizing your operations, and having endless customization, Revel is the way to go. If you plan on opening second locations they have very powerful tools to do just so. Highly recommended.
October 30, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
This POS handles all aspects of our restaurant. From order taking, printing slips, order quality, employee management, and cash management.
- Flexibility - the amount of customization that we tailored to our restaurant is unmatched in the iPad market.
- Online integration - One interface to update all menus.
- Take Out/Delivery/Sit In - able to modify orders as necessary, simple function yet unbeatable.
- Support - Confused, knowledge base articles out of date.
- Interface changes - frequent interface changes (which I usually like) sometimes don't make it more user-friendly.
- Pricing - absurd monthly pricing for features that would really help but cost almost nothing to support (ie customer display.)
Read Christopher Frary's full review
If you have time and technical knowledge to understand the customization setup, proceed. We are still modifying modifiers and products to match our menu which was set up nearly 3 years ago. If you want to change your menu to your POS limitations then move to another product.
Revel Systems Scorecard Summary
About Revel Systems
Revel Systems, from the company of the same name headquartered in San Francisco, is a point of sale (POS) system for restaurants, bars, and related businesses (e.g. bakeries, wineries, etc) which can be extended to provide workforce management, menu and table management, and also a customer loyalty program.
Revel Systems Technical Details