Revel Systems, from the company of the same name headquartered in San Francisco, is a point of sale (POS) system for restaurants, bars, and related businesses (e.g. bakeries, wineries, etc) which can be extended to provide workforce management, menu and table management, and also a customer loyalty program.REVEL in it! :-)Our company is a 7 restaurant food hall. Essentially, a food court that is 7 separate restaurants that are ran individually but made to function as one. Revel is used as our Point-of-Sale system for all the restaurants. We use the Revel Apple Store app, on iPads that are hardwired at each location. The challenges that we face is that it often does not link into the server very well, and when used at a high volume, crashes often. It is my belief that when operating at a smaller scale, with less inventory, it would function MUCH better. The inventory items we link into Ctuit, and that actually integrates with the accounting software very well. The ability to customize and have table layouts for the seated areas and bars is a great feature.,I think that the ability to completely customize and make separate access for each employee is a great feature. It has the time clock features that tracks each employees punches, and allows me to set each of my staff with a pin code that has individual privilege access as well. The integration from Revel to Ctuit (which is our accounting/inventory software) is great. Revel items are linked to a created "recipe" (Food & Drinks) and then that creates food & alcohol costs for the company. Revel has features that let us run food cost reports based on location, and keeps pretty accurate track of our inventory.,This is not a product for very high volume, multiple location companies. The system gets too overloaded, and then credit cards aren't processing, and the entire program will freeze or crash. Often has a problem with not capturing payments when a customer pays for their food. It stores in the "offline payments" section, but when we go in to process them, it kicks them out. Network connectivity clogs up when in a high volume use time period. Does not like being run off of a WiFi connection. ALWAYS hard wire this product if at all possible.,6,We did lose a bit in the beginning, but actually it was all handled by contacting Revel customer service and help area, and they walked us through with the issue we were having. The "open check" feature , where you can go onto the next order by just closing the payment screen, allowed for checks to be left unpaid on the system, and food to be made, and given out. It cost us a lot of money for a while, and there was a lengthy process to correct that but revel handled it and walked me through what I needed to do to keep that from happening further.,Aloha POS and QuickBooksPOS,VMware vCenter Server, Oracle VM VirtualBox, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, Wireshark, Google Drive, Microsoft Azure, NETLAB+,100,3,Point of Sale Inventory Tracker Employee Time Tracker Tip Calculators,Linking to the Software for inventory purposes actually creating a table layout for the bar areas, to be able to keep open tabs of sit down customers orders.,Not sure at this time. Maybe find a way to better set it up so our high volume hours arent a problem anymore?,9,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Analyst Reports,I would have loved to be a part of that decision making process.,Don't know,No,The hard wire issue, needing to hard wire after a month of missed payments and upset customers. When the inventory isn't entered correctly, it can cause problems linking as well.,7,No,9,When I had to set up my table layouts for the 2 bar areas that we have in the My process was a 2 days process because of the nature, there was no choice but they walked me through it BEFORE the process started to be sure that it worked with our business hours, and responsibilities. They followed up as well to make sure everything went ok and that the setups were working properly. :-),Actual running of the POS was easy. The button layouts were perfect, alphabetized, and easy to figure out. The whole hard-wire payment issue was a very hard thing to get through.,fixing incorrect ring ins, and customization IN the program.,Yes,7Robust, dependable, and awesome!Let's be clear, all POS systems are will do nothing for you until you put in the effort to build your menu. Half ass the setup, get half ass results period. This software is fast, robust, dependable, and highly customizable. Support is available at all hours of the day and there are lots to learn on their online support. Have some patience, take time, set up your system, and it will be an asset to your business. I have been using Revel since 2014 and my staff and I love it.,Customizable Dependable Always improving,I don't have many complaints,9,Huge ROI, we took time to implement and customize our interface and it now saves us loads of time. We have almost endless data to look back on and help make business decisions It's easy to train, which reduces labor.Revel Up (and Down)This POS handles all aspects of our restaurant. From order taking, printing slips, order quality, employee management, and cash management.,Flexibility - the amount of customization that we tailored to our restaurant is unmatched in the iPad market. Online integration - One interface to update all menus. Take Out/Delivery/Sit In - able to modify orders as necessary, simple function yet unbeatable.,Support - Confused, knowledge base articles out of date. Interface changes - frequent interface changes (which I usually like) sometimes don't make it more user-friendly. Pricing - absurd monthly pricing for features that would really help but cost almost nothing to support (ie customer display.),7,Instant sales information, can tell day by day, hour by hour what is selling Help us to eliminate slow moving product and increase differentiation in high selling products.,,QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office 2016, Google Drive
Revel Systems

Revel Systems Reviews

Revel Systems
Filter 11 vetted Revel Systems reviews and ratings

NAKIA EPLEY profile photo
January 31, 2019

Revel Systems Review: "REVEL in it! :-)"

• I think that the ability to completely customize and make separate access for each employee is a great feature. It has the time clock features that tracks each employees punches, and allows me to set each of my staff with a pin code that has individual privilege access as well.
  • The integration from Revel to Ctuit (which is our accounting/inventory software) is great. Revel items are linked to a created "recipe" (Food & Drinks) and then that creates food & alcohol costs for the company. Revel has features that let us run food cost reports based on location, and keeps pretty accurate track of our inventory.
  • This is not a product for very high volume, multiple location companies. The system gets too overloaded, and then credit cards aren't processing, and the entire program will freeze or crash.
  • Often has a problem with not capturing payments when a customer pays for their food. It stores in the "offline payments" section, but when we go in to process them, it kicks them out.
  • Network connectivity clogs up when in a high volume use time period. Does not like being run off of a WiFi connection. ALWAYS hard wire this product if at all possible.
It is very well suited for a one or two location operation. When we got up into the 7 venues and the high volume of sales/traffic, is where things started to get a little jumbled up. The scanning functions and UPC generation is very effective when dealing with keeping track of 7 locations. The "open check" feature is a BIG problem for us, as orders would be made, but the system allowed you to go onto the next order without collecting payment for the previous.
Read NAKIA EPLEY's full review
Philip Gomez profile photo
January 29, 2019

Revel Systems Review: "Robust, dependable, and awesome!"

• Customizable
  • Dependable
  • Always improving
  • I don't have many complaints
If you have simple transactions and small sales, Revel is probably too much. If you care about data, sales, growth, efficiency, systemizing your operations, and having endless customization, Revel is the way to go. If you plan on opening second locations they have very powerful tools to do just so. Highly recommended.
Read Philip Gomez's full review
Christopher Frary profile photo
October 30, 2017

Revel Systems Review: "Revel Up (and Down)"

• Flexibility - the amount of customization that we tailored to our restaurant is unmatched in the iPad market.
  • Online integration - One interface to update all menus.
  • Take Out/Delivery/Sit In - able to modify orders as necessary, simple function yet unbeatable.
  • Support - Confused, knowledge base articles out of date.
  • Interface changes - frequent interface changes (which I usually like) sometimes don't make it more user-friendly.
  • Pricing - absurd monthly pricing for features that would really help but cost almost nothing to support (ie customer display.)
If you have time and technical knowledge to understand the customization setup, proceed. We are still modifying modifiers and products to match our menu which was set up nearly 3 years ago. If you want to change your menu to your POS limitations then move to another product.
Read Christopher Frary's full review