https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/8Q/b9/W47TSZK0C41J.PNGScale Computing - Hyper-ConvergenceScale is being used as the primary virtualization platform running all production VMs as well as a replication endpoint for DR in a data center. We run all server VMs on the Scale platform and then have a snapshot schedule that replicates them offsite to a datacenter for disaster recovery purposes.,Scale offers a great dashboard for viewing VM details. Installation of clusters is much simpler than other VM platforms. Console view of VMs is in web browser and clientless, which makes administration from any machine simpler.,I would like to see the ability to mount snapshot points in time rather than having to clone a full machine in order to access older data. I believe this is being released in the latest version, but we had a difficult time restoring data without creating a Linux machine and mounting a disk. Import and export of VMs isn't as easy as other platforms. Third party tools had to be used to import VMs. Exporting VMs would require the same time and expense. I would like to see more access to back end disk data rather than relying on support. I know Scale is targeted to shops with smaller IT departments and the support is great, but I had to go through support in order to get a disk list on the cluster when I could have just done that myself.,8,10,We currently run an Inventory Management system for a manufacturing company on the Scale platform. It is literally the life blood of the company as everyone in the company uses it to track their product from start to finish. This particular application releases monthly updates and Scale has been an excellent way for use to test deployment of updates and move them into production.,Scale has provided positive ROI in a reduction of hardware purchased for running servers,Top Hyperconverged Solution with great support and simplicity.We use Scale Computing's HC3 servers for running our entire IT and OT Operations. We are always looking for improvements in the IT Infrastructure and to efficiently use our IT Resources. Scale computing provides us with a ton of great benefits. We reduced our foot print in the server room by half which helped in reduced power consumption. We were using a virtualization solution from a big name company and we found ourselves inundated with managing performance, licensing, and increasing maintenance. As we had three different vendors to deal with every time we had an issue on the system, it made it very difficult to troubleshoot and resolve problems. Scale computing was our answer to consolidate services, run servers more efficiently and reduced or eliminated daily maintenance tasks.,Simple solution to managing storage, virtualization and snapshots on one page with not more than 3 clicks Excellent technical support with support built into the suite for quick access when required by the Scale Computing Technicians. High performance out of the Flash and Spinning Disks through HyperCore Enhanced Automated Tiering (HEAT) High availability feature helps in ensuring that there is no single point of failure,Enhanced Networking Stack for implementing more complex networking architectures. The current networking piece that is built in is very advanced but more customization and options would help with better implementation of the solution. Snapshots are flawless and effortless, however I would like to see more integration for Backup on to the cloud similar to the other virtualization provider.,10,10,We run applications which range from Identity Management, Physical Security, Databases and resource intense servers. We have run every type of scenario and Scale has so far handled them very well. We use a backup replication host which is replicating a 3 node solution and we have not seen any degradation of performance. The critical application that run on the solutions are SCM, ERP Systems, HR Systems to name a few. On the Operational Technology side, we run some of the reporting and monitoring servers for utilities etc.,I try to look at ROI in terms of how much time and effort a solution saves me during operation. Scale has practically removed downtime during upgrades and this is a solution we believe will run for a 10+ year period. So the ROI not just improved for us but we have assurance that we can continue to upgrade and add more Scale Computing Solution as needed. For a company which is growing, Scale provides us with sufficient room for growth. With their solution, we are insured for a growth for up to 50% in the next 10 years when in reality we would hardly meet that goal. We are looking at 10%-15% in 5 years.,Nutanix and VMware ESXiScale is a great solution with second to none supportScale HC3 is being used across the entire organization for all our server needs. It is housing all our VMs as well as all of our network storage. It has solved the issues with VMWare licensing, an outdated SAN as well as multiple host servers required to properly run a VMWare environment.,The best thing about Scale is its simplicity. I used a VMWare solution for the past 5 years and never really felt like I had a grip on how to fully use it. I've had Scale in place for less than 6 months and am so confident in it, I feel as though I could almost train someone else on how to use it. Scale's technical support is second to none. I've had a couple of issues with it and everyone I've spoken with is knowledgeable, friendly and eager to help resolve any issue. With previous solutions, updating firmware is a large endeavor compared to Scale. Scale actually recommends doing it during production time instead of scheduling downtime during evenings or weekends. It makes managing everything easier without me having to come into work on my off time.,As with everything, I wish the price was a bit cheaper but by comparison to others but it's not bad when compared to similar solutions. Not that it was needed in my case but the option to have a Scale engineer on site for setup might be nice for some instances. The scheduling of the setup calls and training could be explained a little better and even possibly a quick overview of how to use the scheduling portion of the customer portal.,10,10,We run everything on our Scale solution. This includes a SQL server for our ERP software, multiple licensing applications as well as file servers and domain controllers. I even have some desktops set up for VPN purposes. Everything works flawlessly. I can't imagine a scenario where Scale wouldn't meet our needs.,Considering the short time I've had Scale, it's hard to speak to ROI but before purchasing we did compare costs of our previous solution in terms of licensing costs and future hardware costs and Scale was the less expensive option. From purely a power consumption perspective, the Scale solution is definitely a cost saving feature. I find myself with additional circuits that aren't needed any longer in my server room. Even in the short time I've had Scale in place, I can already tell that the uptime is better than with our previous solution.,Nutanix and VMware ESXiScale HC3, Hyper-Convergeance the Easy Way!We replaced our physical servers with the Scale HC3 solution at all three plants in the US. We host everything from file and print services to our ERP system and database on them. We also host a terminal server and a variety of other server infrastructure on the HC3 Cluster. Disaster recovery and business continuity are also completely managed on three clusters around our organization reducing the need for expensive and hard to manage DR solutions. Management and cost of operation of all these resources have been drastically simplified by this technology. The web management interface is simple and easy to use, yet extremely powerful and comprehensive. Because the Scale nodes have such a small 1-U footprint, we've found cooling and energy consumption has also been minimized.,Simplicity - Scale HC3 takes the guesswork and time investment out of managing a virtualized server environment and you don't need to go to expensive classes to become an expert. Performance has been stellar and reliability is unmatched. Our Scale nodes have been up and online since installation three years ago. The support staff is there to help if you ever need it and they'll look into your system at any time to make sure everything is running as designed. The virtualized environment is robust and scale-able and there's no need to do a server refresh ever again. If a node fails, the VMs migrate over to another node and no one except the IT staff knows about it. You can keep your old nodes in place until the disks fall out of them and you'll be covered.,It would be nice if we could add a storage only node with very little or no processing power. This would be nice because we wouldn't have to acquire server CALs every time we add storage.,10,10,Our ERP system runs on our Scale environment and it's flawless. Scale's data prioritization algorithm allows us to assign solid-state storage to that application so it performs with lightning-like speed. Our AutoDesk Vault application has synchronized instances across two of our locations allowing local copies of our design models for our drafting and engineering teams to have instant access to. We replicate our VMs to the nodes at the other plants so we get offsite backups which can be instantly stood up to verify their content or recover files.,We've been very happy with our decision to use Scale for our server refresh. It's been a positive experience by all accounts.,VMware ESXiScale Computing HC3 saved our IT InfrastructureThe Scale Computing HC3 solution is used across the entire organization. It replaced over 50U of traditional hardware down to 3U. Saving us a lot of aggravation dealing with multiple third party vendors for support and maintenance agreements, while simplifying our own internal support and maintenance of over 50 Virtual machines. The savings was so significant, that we realized an 18 month ROI and saved tremendously on energy costs. Additionally, a battery backup unit now provides us with over 7 hours of backup power vs. 45 minutes previously.,One point of contact for everything infrastructure, namely storage, compute and hypervisor. Updates can be applied with very little downtime if any, and no longer needs weeks/months of preparation. Recovering data is as easy as booting up snapshots, which we are now using as a backup tool. Can't wait to roll out Scale Computing at our disaster recovery site for painless failover and failback.,Wish there was flash drive when we purchased it, but they have it now, and actually have a retrofit for our existing units which we will consider implementing shortly.,10,10,We run a SQL based document management system from OpenText that manages close to 30TB of documents. Moving to Scale Computing HC3 gave users much faster search and fetch times by a factor of 5. We run 4 Exchange Servers along with 40 other application servers, which have all run seamlessly in the last two years. The hypervisor (KVM) allowed us to import old and new servers that are critical to our business. We converted many standalone servers to consolidate our physical footprint, for better management and performance.,18 month ROI, need I say more? Less time managing server infrastructure allows the IT team to focus on other projects. Increased battery backup time means "no" worry and/or stress whenever there is a power storm.,Nutanix,85,2,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,This is one for the history books. That is how I see the decision to introduce Scale Computing to our organization a few months after joining a new organization. A lot was riding on this direction, potentially my job should things go south. That said the solution never let me down, it established a better sense of trust from the executives and the IT Team, who are all now Scale converts. Going back, I wouldn't change a thing, and will gladly deploy Scale Computing in a heartbeat today and the next.
Windows, Linux, Unix
Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing HC3 Reviews

Scale Computing HC3
Showing 164 of 240 Scale Computing HC3 ratings and reviews.

Jeremy Robinson profile photo
April 04, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale Computing - Hyper-Convergence"

Likelihood to Recommend

I think in a smaller environment, Scale provides a great way to get into a virtualized environment. The setup is very simple and it doesn't require significant knowledge of IT infrastructure in order to get up and running. Scale doesn't offer the advanced insight into storage and application resource groups as their competitors do, however it is not designed for advanced users. It is more of a closed box and support handles most requests or issues quickly, but there is not a way for administrators to easily see advanced details of the cluster.
Read Jeremy Robinson's full review
Durgesh Kalya profile photo
March 21, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Top Hyperconverged Solution with great support and simplicity."

Likelihood to Recommend

Scale Computing is a great replacement solution for small to mid-size businesses which use other virtualization platforms. It is also a great solution for backup and replication. Companies looking to get more out of their investment into hyper-converged / virtualization platform will find Scale Computing's offering of Hardware, Virtualization Software, and a single Support agreement to be full and consolidated for overall efficiency in running and managing the IT Infrastructure. Scale computing also provides for future expansion and scaling of the infrastructure with minimal effort and cost. Scale's solutions offerings may be less relevant in very large scale data centers and companies that have adopted very specific virtualization solutions and built their own ecosystems. However, I would not be surprised if Scale is adopted in such large environments.
Read Durgesh Kalya's full review
Tracy Burton profile photo
March 12, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale is a great solution with second to none support"

Likelihood to Recommend

Scale definitely has a market where it fits and is a great solution (small to medium-sized businesses). Very large organizations may be better suited to a different solution. For the market that Scale fits into, it really is a perfect solution. I had compared Scale to Nutanix and while Nutanix had some additional features, I couldn't justify the additional costs. However, a large organization may find that additional feature set very useful and worth the additional costs.
Read Tracy Burton's full review
Kyle Legg profile photo
March 09, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale HC3, Hyper-Convergeance the Easy Way!"

Likelihood to Recommend

If you have more than one physical server in your environment, and you want unmatched redundancy and performance, virtualize with Scale HC3. You'll wonder how you lived without it for so long. Each node is about the same cost as a physical server depending on how you spec it.
Read Kyle Legg's full review
Dominique Joseph Chung profile photo
March 08, 2019

Review: "Scale Computing HC3 saved our IT Infrastructure"

Likelihood to Recommend

If cost is not prohibitive, many small business would benefit from the redundancy and cost savings through the simplicity of managing this system. Scale Computing has addressed this issue by creating a 1U standalone system thus taking advantage of their storage and hypervisor technology, but the downside is less redundancy. I understand that with the new flash drive units, the IOPS performance is stellar, which would make it suitable for much larger business than what was previously available. I think this solution is way better than anything out there if only people knew.
Read Dominique Joseph Chung's full review
David Roden profile photo
March 05, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale: Smart, Simple, Effective, Reliable, and so much more..."

Likelihood to Recommend

Scale is obviously well-suited for SMB / SME environments. Larger environments will likely find a reduced need for dedicated storage admins or VM specialists in-house. Environments that rely on SDN or very complex VLANs may find Scale's networking to be somewhat limited.
Read David Roden's full review
Marshall Curtis profile photo
February 22, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "HC3: Flexibility AND Performance"

Likelihood to Recommend

The Scale Computing HC3 platform is incredibly flexible making it an excellent fit for most small to mid-sized organizations. It also allows for effective cost management and scaling as the organization's needs change.
Read Marshall Curtis's full review
Jeff Miller profile photo
March 30, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale Computing, the right systems for the right time."

Likelihood to Recommend

It's well suited for big video/security installations that need redundancy and any kind of redundant situation. If IT resources are scarce or lacking (like can't afford a VMware Jockey) buy Scale instead. If you need less storage and smaller edge redundancy, Scale is not there yet but they are within this year of having it happen.
Read Jeff Miller's full review
Mark Simmons profile photo
March 29, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Hidden Gem For Education CTOs"

Likelihood to Recommend

I believe Scale is a solution for small to mid organizations who need VM solutions above the free realm but not the large scale solutions that are not feasible nor utilized to their full potential. Scale is perfect specifically for education as it addresses all of our needs in tools, disaster recovery, reliability, and cost.
Read Mark Simmons's full review
Zac Patterson profile photo
March 25, 2019

Scale Computing HC3: "Scale Review Like No Other"

Likelihood to Recommend

I feel as if it'd be better suited in larger businesses or work environments. If you were running an establishment with less than 50 employees you could find something that would work about the same for possibly less of the price that the Scale name brings due to performance.
Read Zac Patterson's full review
Zechariah Brinkley profile photo
March 22, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "You won't be sorry!"

Likelihood to Recommend

It is well suited for small to medium businesses. It is very easy to use and set up. After purchasing it, the Scale support team assisted me in getting it up and running in no time and the support engineers were very knowledgeable. The HC3 allows us to grow and add more servers in the future if needed which makes it a great investment.
Read Zechariah Brinkley's full review
David Boyer profile photo
March 22, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Extremely Happy With Scale Computing"

Likelihood to Recommend

After thoroughly reviewing most of the hyper-converged systems in the market I knew that Scale was going to be the perfect fit for us, and they have been. It's run all of our systems without any issues at all.
Read David Boyer's full review
Todd Naveau profile photo
March 20, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "HC3 will change your server world!"

Likelihood to Recommend

I believe it is well suited for small to medium-sized businesses that need local servers for employees, web servers, and even FTP sites to store data. Large businesses who need Terabytes of storage for each machine to store data for thousands of employees would be able to use the units, but not to the full effect because that would leave them with no storage to run backups or Disaster Recovery.
Read Todd Naveau's full review
Mike Maner profile photo
March 19, 2019

Review: "Scale Computing HC3: the best VM platform"

Likelihood to Recommend

We have had instances where an emergency replication if a virtual machine was needed. Previously, this took hours. With the Scale platform, it now takes minutes. The ability to clone, then rename virtual machines is awesome for testing new strategies and processes.
Read Mike Maner's full review
Chris Selby profile photo
March 14, 2019

Review: "Scale Computing HC3 has saved my department money and provided countless hours of needed rest!!!"

Likelihood to Recommend

If you need high Availability in your workloads and have budget constraints, this is an excellent fit for your environment.

If you need GPU support or have high IO workloads this may not be the perfect fit.
Read Chris Selby's full review
Richard Barrie profile photo
March 12, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale: It allowed us to triple our business size without tripling our IT costs."

Likelihood to Recommend

Where you require a quick creation of a virtual machine either live for scaling production or demand. Keeping clones ready to go make it very quick. It can get expensive with more nodes, but the more nodes the better the DR.
Read Richard Barrie's full review
Diego Mármol Martínez profile photo
March 09, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Suitable for a small data center"

Likelihood to Recommend

Scale HC3 is suited for a small datacenter not requiring large systems with high performance, because of its low-cost price and its ease of use. On the other hand, if you're looking for an optimum system for a high-performance environment, you should go to a more reliable hyper-convergence or traditional virtualization system.
Read Diego Mármol Martínez's full review
Kelly Mumm profile photo
March 08, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Dumped Xen for Scale"

Likelihood to Recommend

If you are a small to medium-sized business that wants a dead simple, redundant setup for a VM environment, then Scale is great. The fact that you can drop in a new node at any time to grow the cluster is great. If you are a larger organization that requires more advanced or exotic hyper-visor settings, then Scale may not be for you.
Read Kelly Mumm's full review
Ben Damon profile photo
March 08, 2019

Scale Computing HC3 Review: "Scale Computing HC3: Not your Average Virtual Environment!"

Likelihood to Recommend

I wouldn't use Scale for a file server, do to the fact that hard drives are not able to be upgraded and I might run out of space in the future. Of course, the newer models do handle much more disk space, so it might not be an issue for some environments. Being a virtual solution, the savings on resources are super. We are running 15 windows servers on our new 3 node Scale environment without any performance hits or complaints from our users.
Read Ben Damon's full review

About Scale Computing HC3

Scale Computing offers edge computing, virtualization, and hyperconverged solutions for customers around the globe. Scale Computing HC3® software promises to eliminate traditional virtualization software, disaster recovery software, servers, and shared storage, replacing these with a fully integrated, highly available system for running applications. The vendor says that, using patented HyperCore™ technology, the HC3 self-healing platform automatically identifies, mitigates, and corrects problems in the infrastructure in real-time, enabling applications to achieve maximum uptime even when local IT resources and staff are scarce. The vendor says ease-of-use, high availability, and TCO are key differentiators. The product works for distributed enterprises, global retailers, and SMBs alike.

According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:

• Install in less than an hour
  • Deploy new VMs in minutes
  • Built-in Browser-based Management
  • Software-defined, hybrid storage system with automated tiering
  • Fully integrated, cluster-wide resource utilization and alerts
  • Single vendor support experience, no disparate systems to integrate
  • Integrated all-in-one appliance
  • Scale-out Architecture
  • Mix and match new nodes
  • Incremental resources improve performance of existing workloads
  • Fast and easy to expand, no downtime required
  • No additional licensing required
  • Start small and grow as your business grows
  • No forklift upgrades

Scale Computing HC3 Features

Has featureSimplicity
Has featureHigh Availability
Has featureScalability

Scale Computing HC3 Integrations

Leostream, Cloud Unity - Google

Scale Computing HC3 Competitors

VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESXi, Nutanix, Hyper-V, HPE SimpliVity (formerly OmniCube)

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
HC12008,500Per Node
HC1250D15,170Per Node
HC12509,665Per Node
HC1250DF16,750Per Node
HC5250D25,700Per Node

Pricing shown in U.S. Dollar. Pricing for other regions available on request.

Scale Computing HC3 Customer Size Distribution