Developed for Speed
Updated June 08, 2016
Developed for Speed
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Business Catalyst
We started using BusnessCatalyst across the organization as a solution for lower budget markets.
- Webapps can be used for various content types and because the interface is simplified and standardized it's easy to give clients the ability to edit content without them having to modify html.
- The template engine makes adding templates into the system and setting them up very fast. This helps to speed up development time.
- Because BusinessCatalyst is a hosted solution, it removes the need for Server Management. Now that the BC API is more extensive and the content can be output via JSON, there seems to be nothing you can not do in the system.
- BusinessCatalyst is a hosted solution and some can view this as a negative due to not having access directly to the server.
- Some of the BuisnessCatalyst modules seem to never be updated or improved upon and it seems almost impossible to extend them into solutions that don't exist.
- The Photo Gallery module is really easy to get setup however it is really difficult to extend due to the lack of access to do so.
- It lacks a tagging system that can be used to output content. Currently it has categories which can be used but I don't think the original intention was this due to there only being three tiers available for use.
- It allows me to gain more customers by providing a more affordable website solution to them.
I have worked with BigCommerce, ExpressionEngine, WordPress and other custom content management systems. The speed of the setup and ease of use are the primary reasons I choose BusinessCatalyst over other systems. While the CRM and Email platform are not as extensive as others, it provides a one stop solution to clients.
When integrating with other systems, it seems to not be a very good fit. For example, if I am a shop and I am not managing my entire inventory within the system, there are ways to get the data into and out of the system but they aren't as easy as integrating a solution on a server. It is very well suited for most if not all marketing websites.