Take the Good with the Bad, I suppose
James R. Cutlip | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 15, 2020

Take the Good with the Bad, I suppose

Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Captivate Prime

We use it for both internal and external/partner training; however, our primary purpose is for creating elearning experiences and selling them to external customers / partners.
  • Organized users -- it helps to be able to organize both external and internal users especially for our partner organizations.
  • Ease of module creation - Once I had a brief walk-through, the basic process of creating the modules is intuitive.
  • Social learning - Once the users get uploaded and shown how, the platform does an awesome job of allowing users to experience social learning.
  • Captivate Prime is not user-friendly. I feel I am rather tech-literate, but the interface and platform are not intuitive.
  • Course creation should be more user-friendly.
  • More flexibility for design / appearance of course.
  • N/A due to poor customer service all the way around, we are just now getting to use the platform.
  • We have had little to no training, so we are struggling.
We purchased in June and it is now October. As of the end of September, we finally gained official access. Service on the reseller and Adobe's ends were terrible. In addition, we are finding it difficult because Adobe and the reseller do not provide any sort of training.
Too many things changed with little to no explanation or warning. Also, the reseller was awful CDW-G and is part of why we are just now getting access. Finally, one of the gentlemen I was working with was very difficult to work with and slowed the process down by well over a month.
I just recently received my customer success manager, so I have no experience with him; however, at the very early stages, the two individuals who assisted me were very easy to work with. Also, one of the service representatives who helped me with Captivate was very helpful and did her best to guide me through the process the best she could.
More than one of the above
We chose Adobe because it was cheaper and fit our needs more than Benchpress. We also chose Adobe because the over all appearance and quality seemed worth the extra money our partners would be paying for the professional learning opportunities hosted in the LMS. Finally, we chose Adobe because of its brand recognition; however, we were poorly mistaken in many cases.
Not user friendly or cost-effective in most education settings.

Adobe Captivate Prime Feature Ratings