Overall Satisfaction with Anaplan
Anaplan is currently being used by certain departments but has been expanding rapidly across the business. It is primarily used for Sales Territory Management, Account Scoring, OpEx Planning, HC Planning, and hierarchical metadata management.
- Allows the business to link different planning streams into one place
- Gives users a single source to view data, no more comparing offline templates in excel
- Intuitive new UX that allows us to be more customizable when tailoring to needs of end-users
- Integration with other platforms could be expanded/more effective. I.E excel connectors, powerpoint connectors, and others for presentation of data
- Visualization still lacks behind other software
- The biggest ROI being time-saved to complete the forecasting process
- On top of time, we actually see more accurate calculations and reporting each cycle
Its speed and customizability allow Anaplan to be adapted to most scenarios a business could need it for. Viewing end financial reports and making adjustments to forecast being a very common use-case, but it can also be adapted for cases like Clinical Trials. The reporting still requires you to exist in the realm of dimensionality. You lose some of the flexibility that you may have in excel where you can simply pivot the full data set and view data quickly. It can be limited by the constraints of what you build. With that said if the report is already known in advance it can easily be manufactured to fit the need, however ad-hoc reporting is a bit more difficult.