Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Jabber
Cisco Jabber is used by our users for outbound and inbound calls from their system. Although there are features like VM, [the connection] is good; [however, in my experience,] there is some voice breaking issue while talking, but that could just be because of the user network bandwidth issue. [Personally, I am unsure of] the recommended bandwidth required on personal networks to avoid the voice breaking issue in [Cisco] Jabber.
- [In my experience,] the voicemail feature works for most of the users to access the call which they missed from the client.
- All users can make a call from system with no need to manage the other phones.
- All users can use [it to] attend conference meetings.
- [In my experience,] the detection of the Headset in [Cisco] Jabber is an issue for me.
- I believe it consumes a lot of battery for the system while running.
- It help users stay connected and make daily calls.
- [In my opinion,] it consumes too much battery.
Do you think Cisco Jabber delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Jabber's feature set?
Did Cisco Jabber live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Cisco Jabber go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Jabber again?
[In my opinion,] as we moved to work from home, Cisco Jabber worked well in connecting with clients/other people.