ConnectWise - Great System - Terrible Implemenation
Updated November 20, 2017
ConnectWise - Great System - Terrible Implemenation
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ConnectWise Manage
We use ConnectWise across our whole business to manage our sales, marketing, and service desk. This includes raising invoices and purchase orders. It also includes service incidents/faults, change requests and service requests. We are about to start managing our projects through CW as well. It's great to have a centralised repository where all our customer agreements (including signed copies of documents) can be found. This enables a smooth and effective handover from sales into delivery and then from delivery into service.
- Opportunity Management - Allows for much more effective pipeline management.
- Sales Management - The ability to enter our sales targets at a group and individual level allows us real-time access to where we are against sales targets. Who in the sales team is achieving target and more importantly who isn't.
- Ticket Management - Support tickets are now auto created when a customer sends an email to our support account. The workflow options allow for automatic chasing and updates to go out.
- The ability to have internal and external notes on tickets and the ability to group certain tickets.
- The ease of raising one off invoices for equipment or labour charges.
- The Outlook integration - allowing you to manage your tasks and diary from CW.
- Reporting is limited - Need to be able to report easily on recurring and one-off revenue and GP (currently they are bundled together).
- No UK based telephone support.
- The implementation was poorly managed. The salesman/consultant claiming 12 hours implementation would be sufficient.
- The CW university is not very good or relevant.
- Manage Clients
- Manage Multiple Locations
- Manage SLAs
- Manage Time Tracking and Billing
We are currently using CW Manage most effectively in the sales arm of the business. The CW manage ticketing/service board has also helped to improve our service management. We are using the ticketing information to drive improvements to our service desk. These include service/ticket reporting for our customers and for trend/root cause analysis. We assign and provision agreements through CW, however, we are not currently using projects to do this (that's being worked on currently).
- Our software costs have increased considerably since implementing CW.
- Our reporting capabilities have increased considerably, allowing for better sales, project and service management
We haven't utilised the user community properly. We visited Air IT as part of the selection process and also attended one of the sales/user groups in London during the selection process. IT Nation is too expensive and too long at 3 days and £1,000 (although the price seems to half as the event draws closer and they need more bums on seats).We need to make more use of the user community over the coming year as we continue on our continual improvement roadmap.
CW was more geared towards MSPs than any of the alternatives. It's cheaper than Dynamics and Manhattan but the support can be poor and the implementation was abysmal. It's a good system and the implementation forced us to review, improve and document our policies, processes and procedures. Furthermore, it forced us to cleanse all our customer and supplier data.
ConnectWise (CW) Manage is great for managing sales opportunities. Used properly, anyone in the organisation can dive into CW and understand any opportunity. When it was raised. When it's expected to close. The margin and products being quoted for. For simple one off/hardware opportunities the quick quote facility allows you to quote a customer instantly on your own company branded template. The associated activities allow you to manage your communications and follow-up activities, whilst the document facility allows you to store all relevant information against the relevant opportunity (quotes/proposal, customer feedback, supplier quotes or info associated with the sale).
ConnectWise Manage Feature Ratings
ConnectWise Manage Training
We are a telecoms company. Whilst CW were very happy to sell us their product and tell us how good it is for telecoms. All the training material is geared towards IT MSP's. The on-line training material was virtually useless. We found the implementation a bit of a joke. They tried telling us 12 hours of implementation time would be sufficient to launch the product. We erred on the side of caution and paid for 24 hours. This was quickly eaten away and we were nowhere near ready to go-live. I find the on-line chat facility is of much more use for us.
Using ConnectWise Manage
Connect Wise Manage has really helped us become much more efficient. It's allowed us to join the sales, delivery and support processes together ensuring all information is stored in one place. All our proposal documents, supplier quotes stored as documents against the opportunity. Our project implementation documents stored and monitored through CW. Effectively filled out configurations allowing our support team to quickly, easily and efficiently support our clients. All our KPI's logged and displayed around the office using BrighGuage reporting. Don't get me wrong there are still bits about the system we don't like but it's vastly improved our working practices and efficiency.
ConnectWise Manage Reliability
Our business is growing organically at the rate of 25% to 30% per annum. CW is able to cope with the increased data effectively. Obviously as our business grows the reliance on good data, systems and processes becomes even more paramount. CW has had a real positive impact on the way our business operates. We need to look at further automation