Overall Satisfaction with ConnectWise Manage
We are currently using ConnectWise Manage as the primary product for managing the workflow and invoicing of all service that we provide to our managed services customers. The entire organization is utilizing this product. At a cost per licensed user that is roughly equivalent to our charge for an hour of help desk service, this product provides tremendous value and functionality for our business, allowing us to more thoroughly documents tasks and track costs throughout the customer service experience. As the CFO, it gives me the fine tuned ability to apply taxes and track costs. Our ultimate goal is to utilize the reporting functionality of the software in order to better evaluate the profitability of the various elements of our business.
- We are also a VoIP service provider. Telecommunications comes with the joy of managing communication services taxes in addition to the sales taxes we are required to collect on our managed services. Connectwise gave us the ability to set these taxes up and transfer that information to QuickBooks Pro Desktop.
- During the past year, the folks at Connectwise have really fleshed out the online version of the software, providing nearly the same functionality of the locally installed version. With the exception of our periodic need to import and export from QuickBooks, we are able to use the software from any location.
- Having service tickets created automatically via the receipt of a customer email has been a big help. They are even able to reopen an existing ticket by simply replying to the email thread. This makes it easier for our techs to quickly see notes and history relating to the ticket and resolve it quickly.
- I'd like to see 2FA functionality built into the product along with a more secure tool for storing sensitive customer information. We are currently required to utilize a third party tool to help provide that data protection.
- We are currently experiencing the occasional delays in screen refreshes and find ourselves waiting 10 to 15 seconds for our data to save or refresh. Acknowledging that this software is the primary tool we use to run our business, eliminating those pauses would be ideal.
- Customer support is available through a variety of avenues. Having access to support via the chat method is great. However, since we often have to wait for quite some time for a support technician to get to us within the queue, having an audible notification that the tech has finally arrived would be helpful.
- At this stage in the game, we have been using the Connectwise Manage product for just one year. This basically means we're just getting out of the honeymoon part of the relationship and will now venture into getting our full value out of the software as we also begin to grow our business. We can't report on our ROI yet but we can't see ourselves living without a great PSA tool either.
- The software has definitely enabled our projects manager to operate with more focus on the project itself, knowing that the finance details will be visible and closely scrutinized by the CFO prior to having an invoice or agreement created.
Our business was formed through the relationship between two separate business owners, one who utilized Labtech RMM products only and myself who had used the Solarwinds RMM product and eventually their Service Desk product. One look at Connectwise manage showed that it was a significantly more developed product at the time, something that would stack up well with the likes of AutoTask. It was an easy decision to transition to the Connectwise line of products and operate in a cohesive environment supported by a single vendor. As we move forward, we are excited to bring on other products that integrate into the Automate product, allowing us to offer additional services to our customers that can be managed and monitored in one location.
I was recently asked by one of my customers for a recommendation for a tool to help her manage accounting and tax preparation projects. ConnectWise immediately came to mind as a tool, even though it is designed for use in the MSP community. It is that flexible. However, the amount of setup and preparation and training that is required to utilize this software product does lend itself toward use in a large organization with many users where the investment in time will pay off quickly. The calendar function and time tracking can be a real value when utilized but we find this difficult to use when our organization has only 2 or 3 owners/technicians.