Cisco Duo for our cybersecurity initiatives and security needs
May 03, 2021

Cisco Duo for our cybersecurity initiatives and security needs

Dave King | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Duo Security

We use Duo Security for our remote access workers. We implemented Duo to comply with our cybersecurity initiatives. We plan to utilize it for more of our Cloud based apps. Currently it is implemented on our VDI Environment.
  • Easy to deploy.
  • Easy to use.
  • Easy to manage.
  • Replacing a mobile device.
  • Keeping customers
  • Meeting cybersecurity requirements
  • Overall security
I did require a little help form the Support team for initial setup and system overview, but mostly it is straightforward. Policies do require a little understanding on how they work and when to use, but there is plenty of documentation and support staff available to assist with any requirements you may have. I have not come across any issue that was not resolved quickly.
The main benefit is keeping customers and staying on an approved vendor list. We have found that more and more of our clients are requiring more stringent cybersecurity policies to be allowed to work for them. MFA is one major requirement for access[ing] company and client data. Without it we will lose our customer base. We are finding it is a game changer when it comes to meeting the cybersecurity requirements of a client.
I mentioned it before but there has not been an issue that the Support has not been able to resolve. The hold times I have found are minimal and the support personal. At least the ones I have connected with have been extremely knowledgeable and can assist with any issue I brought to them.
We had an issue replacing a mobile device. I did struggle a bit trying to figure out how to get a new device with the same mobile number working for an employee. I went down the wrong path and called support and they quickly assisted me and got the user working within minutes of the call.
As I recall, we looked at Ping Identity. We did not go far into the evaluation of this product as our partner highly recommended Cisco Duo. From the initial demo of Cisco Duo and understanding all the features and pricing, it had all the features we needed to meet our company's and clients' expectations.
It is well suited in any company that required 2FA for their cybersecurity initiatives or within any company that is looking to make their remote access more secure.