Overall Satisfaction with GitHub
The development department uses private GitHub organizations for version control of web applications and internal analytics programs. Only development uses it, the other departments do not create new code or interact with it so it's only been appropriate for us.
- Code difference comparison
- Private repositories that are stored outside the organization
- Code highlighting for ObjectScript
- Issues tracking is easy to attach to commit history
- Syntax highlighting for more obscure file types, like csp (Cache Server Page)
- Better handling or notification of deleted forked repos. If you delete the repo, the pull request will show up as "unknown repository" which creates odd dead ends
- Increases ROI in the long run, because version control, in general, saves time on projects.
- Makes unit testing easier, which is another long run time saver.
Very mature product, used by millions, easily accessible, stored by GitHub, and the UI for non-terminal folk is easy to use.
Do you think GitHub delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GitHub's feature set?
Did GitHub live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of GitHub go as expected?
Would you buy GitHub again?
Well suited for version control of any type of code, especially in a sensitive environment. You can also set up your own private server if you don't want it stored on their servers. GitHub will provide details of storage and transmission methods so that you can verify if everything is HIPAA compliant.