Overall Satisfaction with GitLab
We use Gitlab for issue tracking on ci/cd pipelines, It is an open-source program and it does support multiple users and repositories. we can also control the permission of repositories. multiple users can access uploaded files and make changes to them if needed. It does have the option to raise issues. We can also able to store our credentials in it. It is easy to understand even for a new user and auto-suggestion of codes is very useful.
- User interface designed well
- Code suggestion works well and it is quite helpful for beginners
- We can able to easily integrate devops tools like Jenkins.
- Moreover they do have free version for individual
- Many of free features are now restricted
- At times there are some issues with user permission and controls
- It does have a free plan which is only for individuals but when it comes to the pro version cost seems to be a bit high.
- UI is simple and easy to use
- It is free to use for individuals
- Able to easily collaborate with team and make changes easily
- Pricing of pro version is bit high
CI/CD plays the most crucial role in our organization. It does help us to deploy our code faster. We use merge requests to review the code to avoid errors in code.
Do you think GitLab delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GitLab's feature set?
Did GitLab live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of GitLab go as expected?
Would you buy GitLab again?
We can able to store our codes in the repo and it be can be deployed using CI/CD tools. There is also an option for raising issues and keeping track of them. We can also able to share our codes with team members and changes done by anyone is visible. The pricing of the Pro version is a bit high.