Read the Blog, then Make your decisionhttps://www.trustradius.com/help-deskHelp ScoutUnspecified9311012017-02-14T17:49:10.340Z
February 14, 2017
Read the Blog, then Make your decision
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Help Scout
Help Scout is not just a software, it's a methodology applied to SAAS that focuses on being reactive to your customer's needs in a personable and meaningful way. If you want to look at using the software, I encourage you to first read the Help Scout Blog. It's full of great knowledge and every member of our team reads each new post. The UI is incredibly easy to use, you can utilize automated or manual workflows, and easily pass tickets between teammates. I can't imagine why any other software would be tempting. Our billing, support, success, and sales teams are all on the platform (but I would note that there are probably better sales platforms). We track all calls and emails through Help Scout.
- Love the HTML uploader.
- Workflows are bar none the easiest I have ever used.
- Solid platform that rarely has issues.
- Used to love their blog, an it's still good, but their older content was better.
- Added integrations would help in certain cases.
- There seems to be a persistent issue where you have to click right on the letter when using things like italics and bold. I have brought it up and they said they are working on it.
- We deal with about 500 tickets a day with minimal to no issues. Instant ROI.
- Workflows reduce the need for man hours.
- HTML uploader saves us time from crafting pretty emails.
It has been an ongong debate about whether or not we should switch to Zendesk. They are all about prioritizing customers, delaying response time, and treating the customer like cattle. I'm sure we will switch someday because key heads in the company used to use it, but the methodology is garbage and the UI needs a high level of technical understanding to master.
We have looked at other platforms, and what they seem to offer is a false sense of superiority. But in reality, that sense is really just a poorly build UI with too many admin features. We are to the point that we have about 10,000 users, and we have had no issue with scaling. If you like the Help Scout methodology, their tool is the best for the job. If you don't care much about customer satisfaction, or quick responses, there are other platforms that have more detailed data feeds. We tend to favor Help Scout.