Talkdesk is a call center software offering from Talkdesk, Inc.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/8D/cw/DA01S20VWB7G.pngTalkdesk has become essential to our customer success modelTalkdesk is being used to support our customers using our SaaS software. We support our customers 24/7. Our customer call into TalkDesk and our DevOps engineers assist our customers.,It is one of the very few VoIP that integrates with our ServiceNow platform Talkdesk provides excellent support services The implementation of TalkDesk into our ServiceNow was very smooth and easy.,Stay up to date with certification on the latest version of ServiceNow. It would be really nice to have the functionality of on-call rotation schedule where it knows when and how to route the calls according to the schedule Offer a community portal to provide feedback on ideas for the TalkDesk on how to improve their products and follow what's on the upcoming releases.,10,We just went live a month ago so I wouldn't be able to provide feedback on this question just yet.,,ServiceNow, RFPIO, Microsoft 365 BusinessExcellent service and product!We use Talkdesk in our support organization to manage inbound and outbound support from our customers.,Their onboarding guidance and continuing support are stellar. The VOIP platform is reliable, easy to integrate into our other tools and it's quick to learn. I've never thought of moving to another platform because Talkdesk has made it so easy for us not to want to make any move.,When I first began using Talkdesk three years ago there was a bit of a learning curve as I had never set up an IVR before then. The Talkdesk team did a good job of helping me implement an IVR but I would have liked more hands-on attention with the implementation.,9,Talkdesk has allowed us to offer phone support as a smaller organization without it breaking our departmental budget. It scales with us, and that's exactly what we need as we grow.,Five9 Virtual Contact Center, Freshcaller and 8x8 Virtual Contact Center,Zendesk, ShopifyAmazing Product and Software. A +Talkdesk is used to reach out to potential partners. [It is] Essentially being used across the sales department. It helps make calls quicker and thus more efficiently. It really is awesome because if you leave the workspace you can easily log back into Talkdesk on another device at home or on the go. I highly recommend using Talkdesk. I can't believe I have gone this long without it.,Calls connect all the time. You can re-listen to calls. You can track number of calls. You can see overall talk time.,Talkdesk can work on strengthening the network. Talkdesk can offer more numbers to call from. Talkdesk can integrate with social media platforms.,10,More Sales More understanding of client needs once sale is completed Better organization for next Sale,Zoom,Salesforce App Cloud, Salesforce Analytics Cloud, OutreachTalkDesk for Phone SupportWe researched phone support options for several months but after finding and talking to Talkdesk the answer was clear. Talkdesk helped us jumpstart our phone support solution and our customer care team of 10 absolutely loves it. With the Zendesk integration we were able to set up ticket pop which they love so anytime someone calls, a ticket is logged and they can put their end resolution and notes in the ticket. The implementation was pretty fast since we didn't have a very complicated set up, but in the future we are hoping to set up new IVRs based on support plans customers purchase. Recording greetings was very simple and the set up with different numbers, hours and holiday hours was seamless. We are excited to grow with this solution and see what else they come out with.,Integrations - Easy to set up Talkdesk and Zendesk and route information from our CRM, Insightly,The navigation was a little confusing to get use to at first, but it was more of an educational issue. I had recorded and set up greetings, or so I thought, but I actually had missed a step and didn't apply the greeting to the numbers so for the first couple of days my customers weren't hearing the correct info. Some features seem a little hidden or tricky like that, not as straight forward but again once you get the hang of it it was muscle memory.,9,Talkdesk has helped us implement support programs which has increased our ASP by $5k.,Pendo.io, SurveyMonkeyTalkdesk for Customer SupportCurrently, Talkdesk is being used by our Support team and our inbound Sales team. It allows our customers to call us directly with questions. If Support gets a Sales call, or vice versa, we are able to transfer calls between departments. We also use Talkdesk for outbound calls. We love that Talkdesk allows us to share one phone number for Support, but we have been able to set up a separate number for Sales.,Customization of business hours, holiday hours and greetings. It is important that our callers don't receive the same welcome greeting if they are calling in on a holiday when our office is closed or outside of business hours. Talkdesk allows us to have customized greetings for all of these scenarios. Call Transfers - Warm and Blind. We transfer calls between agents on the Support team as well as to Sales. It is easy to do and we have the option to do a warm transfer to introduce the new agent to the caller if we'd like. Reporting - I pull weekly and quarterly reports from Talkdesk to keep and eye on our volume, missed calls, voicemails, service level and calls per agent. Reports are easy to pull and customizable by phone number and date range.,Right now we are unable to delete our own greetings. You have to reach out to Talkdesk Support to have those old greetings removed.,9,Our company is constantly praised for our customer service and ease of getting in touch with a live agent. We couldn't do it without Talkdesk!,Salesforce Service Cloud,Help Scout, Asana
Talkdesk

Talkdesk Reviews

Talkdesk
Filter 33 vetted Talkdesk reviews and ratings
Felippe Mora, CSM profile photo
December 08, 2018

Review: "Talkdesk has become essential to our customer success model"

• It is one of the very few VoIP that integrates with our ServiceNow platform
  • Talkdesk provides excellent support services
  • The implementation of TalkDesk into our ServiceNow was very smooth and easy.
  • Stay up to date with certification on the latest version of ServiceNow.
  • It would be really nice to have the functionality of on-call rotation schedule where it knows when and how to route the calls according to the schedule
  • Offer a community portal to provide feedback on ideas for the TalkDesk on how to improve their products and follow what's on the upcoming releases.
Talkdesk is one of the very few applications that integrates with ServiceNow, but it lacks on keeping up with the certification on the latest version of ServiceNow. Keeping the implementation with ServiceNow as easy as possible makes this very appealing to companies. Aside from the product, my one small problem is that after I signed with Talkdesk I have asked my sales account manager to contact me several times and I've been ignored every single time. So, follow up with customers is very important.
Read Felippe Mora, CSM's full review
Adam Terk profile photo
December 06, 2018

Talkdesk Review: "Excellent service and product!"

• Their onboarding guidance and continuing support are stellar.
  • The VOIP platform is reliable, easy to integrate into our other tools and it's quick to learn.
  • I've never thought of moving to another platform because Talkdesk has made it so easy for us not to want to make any move.
  • When I first began using Talkdesk three years ago there was a bit of a learning curve as I had never set up an IVR before then. The Talkdesk team did a good job of helping me implement an IVR but I would have liked more hands-on attention with the implementation.
  • Talkdesk works well for startups that need to scale phone support without diving into the deep end with costly alternatives.
  • If your team works remotely, Talkdesk is perfect because your agents need only their computer and a pair of headphones.
Read Adam Terk's full review
Matthew Curcio profile photo
December 06, 2018

Talkdesk Review: "Amazing Product and Software. A +"

• Calls connect all the time.
  • You can re-listen to calls.
  • You can track number of calls.
  • You can see overall talk time.
  • Talkdesk can work on strengthening the network.
  • Talkdesk can offer more numbers to call from.
  • Talkdesk can integrate with social media platforms.
Talkdesk is perfect for employee performance reviews. It is perfect for working on constructive criticism. With that being said Talkdesk is really great to track the results from the first day of employment to where you currently are. Sometimes it is not always good to see how many calls a co-worker has made.
Read Matthew Curcio's full review
Alyssa Andrade profile photo
December 05, 2018

User Review: "TalkDesk for Phone Support"

• Integrations - Easy to set up Talkdesk and Zendesk and route information from our CRM, Insightly
  • The navigation was a little confusing to get use to at first, but it was more of an educational issue. I had recorded and set up greetings, or so I thought, but I actually had missed a step and didn't apply the greeting to the numbers so for the first couple of days my customers weren't hearing the correct info. Some features seem a little hidden or tricky like that, not as straight forward but again once you get the hang of it it was muscle memory.
Talkdesk has amazing reporting and makes my director of customer care's life extremely simple when trying to tie customer loyalty team metrics to our bigger company goals. The reports are sophisticated and clearly outline our success with the tool. The user interface for the agents is simple enough where they had minimal training and could start using it easily right away.
Read Alyssa Andrade's full review
Leigh Malamphy profile photo
December 05, 2018

User Review: "Talkdesk for Customer Support"

• Customization of business hours, holiday hours and greetings. It is important that our callers don't receive the same welcome greeting if they are calling in on a holiday when our office is closed or outside of business hours. Talkdesk allows us to have customized greetings for all of these scenarios.
  • Call Transfers - Warm and Blind. We transfer calls between agents on the Support team as well as to Sales. It is easy to do and we have the option to do a warm transfer to introduce the new agent to the caller if we'd like.
  • Reporting - I pull weekly and quarterly reports from Talkdesk to keep and eye on our volume, missed calls, voicemails, service level and calls per agent. Reports are easy to pull and customizable by phone number and date range.
  • Right now we are unable to delete our own greetings. You have to reach out to Talkdesk Support to have those old greetings removed.
Great for a customer service team who is fielding inbound calls or needs to route calls to other departments within your business.

Talkdesk probably wouldn't be necessary for a single person team.
Read Leigh Malamphy's full review
Taylor Pineiro profile photo
December 04, 2018

User Review: "Talkdesk! We like it."

We use Talkdesk for our support team to answer calls in a queue format and for our individual team members to make calls both domestically and internationally. Additionally one of the big reasons we went to an online phone was to literally throw away our old phones and do everything online.
  • The queue format is great - it shows us up to the minute stats on who is waiting to be picked up
  • We use it internationally which has been a game changer - both for the ease of calling internationally and having our international support team be able to seamlessly talk to customers.
  • I often have to re-start my browser to be able to be heard.
  • We do have some dropped calls and I imagine it's due to our wifi but it's frustrating for our support team nonetheless.
Definitely great for teams and for managing an incoming call queue with different times that they are available. Not as great for individual users - we can't have our voicemails in a private inbox or record calls one off without recording ALL calls which we are not able to do. I would definitely think about that if you wanted to move all of your phones to Talkdesk and not just the support queue.
Read Taylor Pineiro's full review
Sarah Isabella profile photo
December 08, 2018

Talkdesk Review: "GREAT PRODUCT"

TalkDesk is used as a whole throughout our entire organization.
  • Recording of calls. These can be played back for learning and coaching purposes.
  • Status Reporting. Makes it very easy and transparent to see what status you are in/have been in and the amount of each status time. Great for tracking breaks.
  • Display types. Can change from graphs, charts and just numeric displays.
  • Internet calls, when the internet is down so is the platform.
  • Random disconnects with just taking you offline, but happens rarely.
Talkdesk is amazing for rough calls. You can play them back, download them, send them, etc. When asking for help you have the actual call available. When coaching, again, the call its self is there and is easily available.
Read Sarah Isabella's full review
Marija Saveska profile photo
December 08, 2018

User Review: "Everyday user of Talkdesk"

We use Talkdesk organization wide, it helps us connect with our customers and business partners.
  • Very user friendly you can see your report progress of the day.
  • You can do blind transfers to calls.
  • You can have conference calls.
  • Better integration with the Salesforce platform as it reports some issues from time to time.
  • The call quality through Talkdesk can be inconsistent and spotty.
  • Sometimes the calls are dropped while an updated or an issue is getting resolved.
It is very handy that once you have a call with a client you can do blind transfers while on a sale, it is very fast and efficient.
Read Marija Saveska's full review
William Rogerson profile photo

"Talkdesk Review"

We currently use TalkDesk only to manage our conference room lines. Previously, it was used across the entire operations group to handle all inbound and outbound customer calls.
  • User and Admin Friendly
  • Responsive HelpDesk Staff
  • API Platform & AppConnect Make Integrating with Other Systems Much Easier
  • Continue Improving Call Routing
Talkdesk is a great solution for a more modern operations environment, especially for newer companies that may not be able to budget for or technically support a enterprise telecom solution. However, this is changing as Talkdesk begins implementing more robust routing and analytics features.
Read William Rogerson's full review
December 08, 2018

Review: "Talkdesk is a great company with a great product"

Our company uses Talkdesk for all of our employees. Our inside sales and support representatives use the integration with our CRM, while our administrative positions use the back office functionality. We moved to Talkdesk because our previous provider was hard to work with. Talkdesk is flexible and easy to administer and support. Whenever we need something adjusted we contact our IT department who makes the adjustment with just a few clicks.
  • Talkdesk integrates well with Salesforce. This integration makes sense for a call center like ours that uses sales and service cloud.
  • Talkdesk is great at seeking customer feedback. They are quick to collect feedback and quick to action that feedback. They care about what their customers think and they are always looking for ways to improve.
  • Talkdesk is a cloud-based solution, making it easy to update and adjust. Our last provider was not and it became difficult to make updates. In addition to being easy to use, the service is great. Whenever we have an issue our support representative is always quick to respond.
  • I'd like to see Talkdesk make it easier to update our custom IVR. At their last conference, they talked about adding some functionality for drag and drop IVR adjustments. I hope they come out with that feature soon.
  • I did notice that some of the reporting is basic. Right now, when you adjust your service level the adjustment only affects your metrics moving forward. I'd like to be able to see how the change affected our previous calls.
  • We have had some minor trouble setting up the caller ID for our users with DIDs.
Talkdesk was great about supporting us when we had to significantly shorten the timing of our implementation. Our previous platform had some major issues that caused us to need to implement much quicker. Talkdesk was very helpful and willing to speed things up. They also gave us great support over the next several weeks as we worked out kinks from the quick implementation.

Talkdesk works great for a smaller call center like ours. I don't have a lot of experience with large call centers, but I would imagine they work well in that scenario as well.
December 08, 2018

Review: "TalkDesk - Easily to manage your business needs!"

TalkDesk is being used by our customer service and production teams. It used to have our clients and technicians contact us for placing orders or for support. It helps us maintain and manage our call volume as well as agent stats. The dashboard allows out teams to see call volumes and talk times which is a key benefit.
  • TalkDesk Callbar is awesome! Since I answer calls often it's very useful to have the Callbar application open so I know when calls come through.
  • I like that you can use TalkDesk remotely.
  • Transferring calls or conference calls is done with a click of a button.
  • It's categorized to locate inbound calls sometimes when we need to listen to recorded calls.
  • Sometimes the quality of phone calls are poor. This could be an issue with the internet provider and not solely a TalkDesk issue.
  • Call deposition is sometimes though to locate and can be categorized better.
TalkDesk is very well suited for any business who is starting to grow. A growing business can benefit from managing call volumes and agents stats. It can be helpful if the business requires agents or managers to be on the go as the remote feature will be a useful benefit. TalkDesk is also great in recording and monitoring calls.
December 08, 2018

Talkdesk Review: "Awesome call center software with the right mix of features and price"

We use Talkdesk for the customer support team at our company to serve our inbound clients.
  • Talkdesk makes it really easy to configure the IVR on the fly so we can make changes to the ring groups when we're getting calls from a particular product.
  • Talkdesk integrates easily to Zendesk so we can track every call with a ticket that's automatically created when the call starts.
  • Talkdesk's support team has been super-helpful in the rare occasions we've had challenges with the system.
  • I'd love better prebuilt reports.
  • Better integration with dashboard apps like AppInsights' Dashboard product. We built a custom app using the Talkdesk API triggers, but it would be great if it worked other dashboard apps.
  • The option for the end user to enter their callback number in the automatic queue callback feature; as a B2B company, we have a ton of callers who share the same outbound caller ID.
Talkdesk is great for teams looking for a lightweight, easy-to-configure phone system that just works. You don't need to be held hostage by a hosting/IT company; you can make all the changes you want on your own. It has great integrations with major CRM and ticket systems and is configured for inbound calls as well as outbound calls in a sales environment.
December 06, 2018

Review: "TalkDesk, convenient but quality can be lacking"

We use Talkdesk for our sales and account management departments. I use it as an account executive to contact all my leads. It provides us with a convenient way to make phone calls from our computers.
  • Easy to use.
  • Metric and being able to review all your calls are very useful.
  • Integrates with Salesforce to enable click to call on leads.
  • The call quality could definitely improve. Voice fades in and out frequently on calls.
  • There is a noticeable delay when someone answers my call. I often miss the first few words someone says when they answer my call.
TalkDesk is good for when you want to make calls from a computer. But the quality and unreliability are not ideal when making sales calls.
December 05, 2018

User Review: "Talkdesk has been a asset to our Team!"

Our customer service team uses Talkdesk. Our team is small and the phones would be routed to our personal cell phones. It was tough! Talkdesk has enabled our team to share and track calls, listen to past conversations for training purposes, set up a complex routing system, and listen to voicemails as a team.
  • Talkdesk has enabled our team to share and track calls
  • We can listen to past conversations for training purposes
  • It has enabled us to set up a complex routing system
  • Adding a feature to add more than one IVR per number
  • Creating a phone app
Talkdesk works very well in tracking calls, syncing with our existing email platform, adding customers so we may search and find them quickly to confirm/listen to past conversations. It's nice to be able to assign voicemails, route calls appropriately, and assign dispositions to view call types. There doesn't seem to be an area where it is not appropriate in our company.
December 06, 2018

User Review: "TalkDesk is awesome!"

TalkDesk is being used across the whole organization of roughly 200 employees. It helps address the ability for front line teammates to contact customers as well as allow quality to monitor and review the interactions effectively.
  • Reliability
  • Reporting
  • Connection
  • Account Creation
  • Number Management
  • Deactivation of Accounts w/o contact
Talkdesk is great for small to medium customer contact centers but managing the structure of an organization can be difficult when approaching 300 + employees. Small individual companies are also not the best choice for this software as it's very scalable and not effective for single contact needs.
Sherissa Klimas profile photo
May 23, 2018

"TalkDesk Review"

We use Talkdesk throughout our division at our company.
  • Shows the name of the caller so I know who I am talking to
  • Constantly needing to reset
  • Always trying to “fetch data”
  • Will ring without info coming through to answer the call
Good for companies with moderate call volumes.
Read Sherissa Klimas's full review
March 01, 2018

Talkdesk Review: "A bit buggy, but easy to use"

We use Talkdesk to assist our Advanced customers via phone. We have three subscription plan options: standard, pro, and advanced. Our Advanced subscribers have access to phone support and are mostly companies versus entrepreneurs or home businesses. We use Talkdesk to provide real time support for our software in app. Oftentimes we use it in conjunction with a screen sharing software such as Zoom so that we can talk with customers while viewing their screens in app.
  • Integrates with Zendesk and creates phone tickets to follow-up via email after the call is over.
  • Allows multiple TSS's online and alternates rings for employees based on who answered the last call.
  • Simple app to pull up in desktop and use for incoming and outgoing calls.
  • I've experienced several issues with Talkdesk desktop app such as not being able to answer incoming calls, and not being able to dial outgoing calls.
  • I've experienced intermittent issues with downtime.
Talkdesk seems to be a good solution for businesses having multiple people online to receive incoming calls I've used Peoplesoft in the past which I didn't enjoy at all. Talkdesk seems to be a bit more buggy than other contact center softwares, but it's also easy to use.
Becky Jewell Laughton profile photo
September 01, 2017

Talkdesk Review: "Great Call Center Software for Midsize-to-Large Company"

Right now our organization uses Talkdesk for support, project management/implementation, and some sales calls. Anything inbound or outbound usually goes through Talkdesk - other calls or conference calls that depend on visual coordination go through screensharing applications.

Talkdesk is simple enough for our team to use, and it solves the problem of getting a unified phone/VOIP system set up across many different workers, computer types, and departments.
  • Talkdesk works on most browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari - and it does well across different devices/computers.
  • We can depend on Talkdesk to be reliable and not be down. It has never been 'down' in the entire time I've used it.
  • I like the simplicity of the UI. It isn't overwhelming or full of areas that I have to fill out. It gets me on to the next call quickly and efficiently.
  • The Voicemail area shows a red mark notification if anyone on the team has a voicemail. I would like it to show a 'red mark' notification only if I have pending messages or voicemails, not my teammates. However, this is useful for very small teams of 3-10 - maybe our team is getting too big for our level of Talkdesk.
  • I'd like Talkdesk to tell me if it is detecting audio problems more often. Sometimes I will make a call and my headphones wont be working, but Talkdesk is just fine. I'd want Talkdesk to warn me if it can that my headset needs to be turned off/on again.
  • The customer search area is great for maybe 3000 or less customers, I'd like to see more detailed search queries and retrieval be introduced. Sometimes, the caller ID is not perfect.
I think Talkdesk is well suited to a team of 1-50 people. One person on a super small support team could do just fine with Talkdesk, and up to 50 people could use Talkdesk well (Given the plan my company is currently on). If I were starting a company or just getting going with a business and had maybe 3 support reps, I'd get them set up on Talkdesk. That said, if I was running a company of 200 people, I'd look into both Talkdesk and other solutions.

Talkdesk also integrates with Salesforce - which is a BIG deal for many enterprises. Basically, if your company is big enough to use Salesforce, it is big enough to benefit from Talkdesk.
Read Becky Jewell Laughton's full review
Tim Kyse profile photo
October 11, 2017

"Talkdesk Review"

We are using talkdesk for our customer and client support for phone support. We integrate talkdesk into Zendesk so all calls received into talkdesk receive a ticket pop in Zendesk for documentation of that phone call. Talkdesk allows us to document, tag and report phone metrics into our call center.
  • Call Quality
  • Easy to use software
  • Easy to set up
  • Reporting
  • Dashboard metrics
  • Outages
It's suited for contact centers that want to integrate with a ticketing system. It's probably less appropriate for large enterprise customers. Scaling with talkdesk could be an issue for larger clients but I believe talkdesk is working on strategies to improve this flaw. Talkdesk is probably best suited for midsize call centers
Read Tim Kyse's full review
Alexander Aldrich profile photo
September 08, 2017

Talkdesk Review: "Great Enterprise phone service for customer support teams"

TalkDesk is used as our phone service for the customer support team. It is the way that customers get in touch with the business and it connects directly to the customer support team. It is also used by the customer support team to make outbound calls to customers.
  • Talkdesk does an excellent job at warm call transfers between customer service agents.
  • Talkdesk has great network analytic tools. If a freelance customer service agent is having trouble with connectivity, Talkdesk makes troubleshooting very easy with a browser tool that doesn't require installation.
  • Talkdesk generally has great call quality, which has dramatically improved over the last few years.
  • Talkdesk does occasionally drop calls at random. This happens very infrequently, but it does happen.
  • Talkdesk does occasionally suffer from outages. The company is transparent when this happens and a fix is usually up quickly.
  • Talkdesk call quality can be impacted by other programs running on one's computer or network, even at reasonably fast Internet speeds.
  • Occasionally, Talkdesk experiences a delay in the line, making it difficult to have a smooth conversation with the customer.
I have used Talkdesk as an at-home freelance customer service agent, it works well for incoming and outgoing phone calls.
Read Alexander Aldrich's full review
Nate Peace profile photo
September 01, 2017

Review: "Talkdesk, a Great Cloud Based Contact Center Solution"

We use Talkdesk for our customer service team. It allows us our customers to easily and clearly contact us, and allows our agents to answer these calls within Salesforce Service Cloud. In addition, it integrates with our WFM service, gives us Real Time data, and integrates with our data analytics system for historical data.
  • Talkdesk is easy to use! For both your customers and your agents.
  • Talkdesk provides clear and consistent voip calls.
  • Talkdesk has a good real time dashboard to share with your team to show Service Level, calls in queue, etc.
  • Talkdesk had a multitude of integrations to choose from, with crms and other companies.
  • Only offer a 1 year, or longer, contract.
  • Their enterprise pricing is overpriced 'when it's a small value add compared to their professional level.
  • Occasional outages or routing issues. They're down several hours per month.
Talkdesk is a good solution for mid - enterprise level companies. Companies that are ready for a long term commitment and able to negotiate using their company size. From my experience, they're great for customer service and call centers, specifically those using google chrome and who do not have, or are ready to replace, an in house phone system.

What it's not as good for, mainly because of contract length and price, is smaller companies that need to save money and be flexible. Also, although a good cloud solution, they wouldn't be good for the most complicated call centers who need x amount of IVRs and complete customization.
Read Nate Peace's full review
September 08, 2017

Talkdesk Review: "A Softphone That's Hard to Use"

Talkdesk is used by (only) our sales development organization as a soft phone. Using Talkdesk, our SDRs follow up on inbound leads and perform outbound cold-calling to set meetings for their field counterparts. They also host discovery and qualification calls using this software. The point of the soft phone is to allow our SDRs to qualify opportunities for pipeline generation.
  • Our Talkdesk CSM is extremely helpful and friendly. Probably the main highlight of using their technology.
  • Their support team is quick to respond to opened tickets.
  • Talkdesk's product managers have been good about keeping us in the loop on upcoming releases.
  • The technology is generally unreliable. We encounter a lot of issues with call quality, lagging, and failure to dial. These issues have persisted unresolved for over a year.
  • Salesforce integration is minimal and unreliable. Many of our Salesforce contacts show up as duplicates in Talkdesk, with no way to ascertain which is the correct one or merge duplicates.
  • General phone features have been missing for a long time. Uploading a voicemail greeting is tedious and convoluted; there is no redial button.
Talkdesk seems better suited for a support center than an outbound call center. Many of the features that we find missing are more relevant to outbound calling (like redial and voicemail) than to a support center where agents are queued up for inbound calls. One major disadvantage is unreliability over wi-fi, so it doesn't support remote or work-from-home employees very well.
May 17, 2017

Talkdesk Review: "Super solid VOIP with minimal issues. Should be on your consideration list."

Talkdesk was being used as the primary phone system for our support team for about a year. We found it to be very solid, and resulted in very few dropped calls. We recently switched to ZenTalk, but that was not intended to be a criticism of Talkdesk, the switch was made for internal system reason.

Talkdesk has a fantastic integration with HelpScout, making it a must if you use them.
  • Call tracking
  • Notes and ticket manager integration
  • Can't think of any dropped calls
  • We had a few times that support was trying to help, but they struggled to simplify the answer so that our less-tech-savvy member could implement on it.
  • Pages load slow sometimes, but that could be to our high user volume.
  • Can't really think of much else. Like a good VOIP system, we didn't spend much time thinking about it.
If you are looking for a solid VOIP system that has fantastic tracking, integrates to a ticketing system, is user-friendly, and is easy to get up and running, I would say that Talkdesk is right for you. The price point always seemed right, even though I am aware of cheaper options. If a solid system is what you want, Talkdesk is the VOIP system you can use as a family heirloom.
Kelsey Gan profile photo
March 28, 2016

Talkdesk Review: "Potentially great product, but does have some bugs"

We currently use talkdesk for our Sales and SDR department, as well as for our Success and Support organizations. We utilize the tool for tracking calls and voice messages, link it to salesforce, and use recorded calls for training and recall purposes.
  • You can record tough calls - makes it great for learning how to handle certain situations better and also helps with recall on previous conversations. Really great for training, new and vet employees alike.
  • Very visual display of all missed calls and voice messages. This is very easy to navigate and takes little training.
  • Has greatly reduced calls to my personal cell phone (since this is what we were working with before). All calls now funneling through the application.
  • Bugs. As with any software these come up from time to time, but not being able to do things like transfer a call internally can be very annoying
  • It does rely on an internet connection. Your wifi goes down, you end up hanging up all active calls (not a talkdesk issue, just a general issue).
  • Kicks me offline unexpectedly - no alert for this that I know of (should just remain online always during my specified business hours).
  • Cannot only forward some phone trees to outside lines: I work in a support aspect and success. My success calls need to come to my cell phone whenever, and my support calls are covered by others when I am offline.
I think talkdesk works well if you need a phone tree system but don't want to have physical land lines. It's also great for call recording and applying strategies around that.
Read Kelsey Gan's full review

Agent dashboard (15)
Validate callers (12)
Outbound response (11)
Call forwarding (13)
Click-to-call (CTC) (11)
Warm transfer (15)
Predictive dialing (8)
Interactive voice response (11)
REST APIs (13)
Call scripts (8)
Call tracking (13)
Multichannel integration (11)
CRM software integration (14)
Inbound call routing (11)
Omnichannel inbound routing (10)
Recording (12)
Quality management (10)
Call analytics (11)
Historical reporting (12)
Live reporting (12)
Customer surveys (8)
Customer interaction analytics (8)

About Talkdesk

Talkdesk is a call center software offering from Talkdesk, Inc.