Overall Satisfaction with Information Builders WebFOCUS
It was an enterprise application that allowed for ease of reporting from the Meditech system (primarily). We also used it for other systems to bridge data to Meditech.
- The Info Assist tool in Webfocus was wonderful. Easy to use GUI, powerful, capable of complex calculations easily.
- I loved the data loader tool. It was a simple GUI interface that allowed for a great deal of flexibility.
- The education and communication from the company was great. They had an in person user forum and the web resources where wonderful. This made it easy to learn and grow your skills.
- There is a gap between old system users and new users. It was hard to find help from Info Assist users vs old users that would send you back a pile of code vs. how to do it on the GUI.
- Layering of reports was easy, but when it got to real depth it was harder. I needs another layer which would allow for more self directed exportation of the data , under the structured layer.
- Formal support was not so hot. My rep was really the person who could get stuff done.
I like the ease of development best on webfocus. As compared to QlikView, it is better at handling large amounts of data and the data access process is much easier in WebFOCUS ( very manual in Qlik). Qlik is better for ad hoc drill through and it is nice how a selector easily updates all tabs. The selector part was possible in WebFOCUS, but very manual. It is easy in Qlik. Cognos is not even in the ball park of WebFOCUS. It complex to set up, limited in use and does not allow for fast development ( as compared to the others ). We are currently upgrading to Cognos 11 from 9, but it is a very limited application. Hyperion, like Cognos, is not of the same group as WebFOCUS and Qlik...so not really comparable.