Leverage LinkedIn Talent to bolster your pipelines!https://www.trustradius.com/applicant-tracking-system-atsLinkedIn TalentUnspecified8.32251012018-04-26T15:42:55.345Z
April 26, 2018
Leverage LinkedIn Talent to bolster your pipelines!
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with LinkedIn Talent
At Segment, we use LinkedIn Talent to organize our sourcing efforts and to try to find the best talent on the market for specific roles that we are trying to fill each quarter. This tool is mostly used by our recruiting team (both the business and the technical teams), but also individual hiring managers have been equipped with LinkedIn Talent as well for their own recruiting efforts.
- LinkedIn Talent / Recruiter provides a clean interface through which to organize and run searches.
- Boolean searches are easy to run and very intuitive on how to add or remove certain restrictive criteria to the search field.
- InMails are a proven way to reach out to candidates whose emails may be protected or otherwise difficult to find.
- Having to log in via a separate portal from the normal LinkedIn user dashboard isn't the best UI flow.
- For potential candidates who don't use LinkedIn or don't keep their profiles up to date, there isn't much value to trying to reach out and it's also difficult to discern how good of a fit they would be for a certain role.
- Sometimes InMail isn't as effective as email in terms of response rates/visibility by the candidates.
- On average, about 1 in every 5 people that we've hired have come from hiring efforts on LinkedIn.
- The cost of a contract with LinkedIn can be relatively small and negligible if you can use it to make some key, critical hires that could cost up to $25-$50K per hire for the deepest of technical roles.
- We still do find that direct email messaging tends to be more effective at garnering responses from engineering candidates, but we can still use the great search functionality of LinkedIn Talent to help find the candidates in the first place.
I feel that it's best to use a full fleet of talent products if your organization can support it financially. All of these tools serve slightly different purposes and each has their own strengths, which when used in combination with each other can create a really powerful hiring arsenal that can help you achieve your headcount goals each quarter or assessment period.
The LinkedIn Talent Solutions / Recruiter product is useful in many situations, especially when getting started and running some initial boolean string searches. It can help bolster one's volume for any given talent pipeline and speed up the time-to-hire from first opening the job req to ultimately closing the right candidate.