Overall Satisfaction with LivePerson
It is primarily used by our customer solutions department for both chat and email. The main problems are reporting some data from LivePerson, and reliance on the program for business needs. For example, if LivePerson goes down, we miss out on contacts for that period of time.
- Intuitive for users and new employees
- Some features, such as canned responses, hyperlinks, etc., making reps' jobs easier and a better customer experience.
- Saves most previous chats from same IP address, so it's possible to view older chats to recover information.
- Post chat surveys provide easy/clear feedback for managers on exceptional or poor chats.
- Easier integration with other programs to report on all metrics.
- Instability during certain updates with faster resolution times. There have been key days where LP has gone down and it's out of our control. These are a huge hit to our business, so I think scheduling updates as lower volume times, or more stability would be key in keeping customers happy.
- Make it more like a CRM tool. This might already exist, but if it could save even more customer information, geography, previous order numbers, etc. it would be easier to have a personal connection with the customer.
- Without giving away numbers, I know it has been a huge tool for our customer solutions department. Conversion isn't as high as compared to phones, but in terms of providing customers with quick information (shipping prices/times, trade restrictions, order status, etc.) it's huge.
- Increased employee efficiency is a huge one. The capability of taking 3 chats at a time allows each Rep to be way more efficient than on phones alone.
- Giving the customer the choice to call in, chat or email is huge. LP combines chat and email into one intuitive program so, again, it increases efficiencies for our team and allows them to provide better customer service.
I've not used other programs in depth enough to make an accurate comparison. However, even from a customer standpoint, I've noticed when I contact a company and see they're using LP, my experience is often better. I've noticed a more genuine experience with business that use LP, possibly because of the ability to create your own canned responses and customize elements of the program to fit your business.
It is not my decision to renew, however, we've used LP for so long and that our reporting would be really difficult to replicate with a new program. For consistency, it would be difficult to compare Y/Y traffic, conversion, etc. if we started fresh with a new program.
If your chats are normally basic, the QA element of LivePerson is great. If you want to create a personalized, 1:1 experience with the customer, it could be better. I know LivePerson and a larger CRM tool are different, but being able to incorporate more information about the customer into the basic LivePerson chat program would be awesome in taking that experience to the next level. Things like where the customer is located, current weather there, previous purchases through your company, etc.