Overall Satisfaction with M‑Files
We use M-Files across the whole company. We have an ERP system that is built on M-Files, so we use it widely for production, quality, and purchasing. Basically all documentation is stored and handled in M-Files. We also use its workflows to manage production flows, purchase orders, agreements etc.
- Document versioning is very easy and you can easily come back to earlier version
- You can define, which metadata is needed to each document type. This makes saving with correct metadata easier.
- Document sharing is easy and you can select, if you want to share a certain version or the newest one.
- Our ERP is built on M-files and that of course has increased the overall efficiency of operations.
- Document management has increased data transfer between different locations.
- Nepton (is used for work hour reporting)
- Sonet (financial system)
We used to input our project and production data into different systems, but now everything goes through M-Files. I don't know how difficult that was to achieve.
I think practically everyone can benefit from M-Files. It is especially suitable for those companies that have multiple locations. With M-Files it is easy to share documents and make sure that everyone has the most updated one. If you want to keep things simple, you can replace old folder-based file system with M-files. However, if you want more complex system, that is easy to build.