August 07, 2014
Contributor in MarketingComputer Hardware Company, 201-500 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo Marketing Automation
Currently used to manage our lead life cycle in our marketing team. It is good at tracking lead activity history and tying it back to pipeline generation.
- Very easy to create emails and landing pages for registration. It allows non technical people easy access to creating their own emails and landing pages.
- Multiple models for measuring marketing success. Marketing contributes to pipeline in many different ways, Multi Touch reporting is a good start in helping understand the different touches that go into pipeline generation.
- Segmenting the database is really easy. Marketo has many different options to segment your database and is very flexible in how complex you want to go with your segmentation filters.
- Salesforce integration is very seamless.
- Overall speed of the platform needs to improve. When filter logic gets complex, the system takes a long time to query and it breaks.
- RCA reporting is also very slow. Reports should be run in near real time, currently you need to wait until the next day if you make any updates to your programs if you want to run reports on it.
- There needs to be better user control. Marketo needs more granular User permission options. What they currently have is very limiting.
- It has lead to increased sales productivity. By tracking all lead activity it allows us better controls on filtering which leads to sales. This allows them to focus on our more qualified and engaged leads.
- It has improved our ROI reporting on marketing campaigns. MT reporting allows us to analyze all the touches that affected an opportunity.
- It has lead to faster lead conversion because Marketo tracks all lead activities. It gives our sales team more talking points when they follow up on a call.
Marketo is a lot quicker and agile than Eloqua. Eloqua often requires multiple steps for an action that only takes one step in Marketo. To get the same efficiency out of Eloqua that you can get out of Marketo you would need a much larger team. The Salesforce sync in Marketo is also a lot more seamless than Eloqua. Eloqua requires a lot of configuring and the quickest it can sync back to Salesforce is 30 minutes, in Marketo it is 5.
A big reason is we have been a customers of theirs for a very long time. Our team is trained on them and our infrastructure is set up to work with Marketo. It is not worth the effort of migrating our entire database and years worth of marketing programs over to another vendor that isn't as good as Marketo.