Overall Satisfaction with Qlik Sense
We use Qlik Sense in the purchasing department to see trends and identify outliers. It's very quick to find out which suppliers or products that need to update costs. We have created interactive dashboards where it's simple to filter to your individual needs either by suppliers, product, currency, country or buying region.
- We were able to see which suppliers that had negative cost trend while the material and industry had a positive trend.
- It's very simple to deal with the long tail of suppliers with few products and low spend.
- We can easily take care of the suppliers that were still invoicing in USD and change them to CNY by a simple filter.
- I lack the functionality and customization of Tableau.
- Sometimes we need to use Excel to do some things that Qlik Sense is unable to do.
- I wish we could resize the graphs to fit all kinds of resolutions, graphs can look good on high res and then useless on low res monitors.
- We have highlighted a few instances where QS saved us money by quickly visualizing our problem areas.
- We save a lot of time in meetings by quickly find out answers to various questions or hypothesis.
We selected QS Desktop since it's free, whereas Tableau would need much more time to set up and its cost is much too high. We can do simple things in QS that would take a much longer time in Tableau, but if we want to make a more professional analysis then we would use Tableau.
I like to use Qlik Sense to view large amounts of data, it's much more useful than Excel that would choke on that amount of data. It's very fast and easy to set up some parameters, filters, and charts. You can quickly see where you want to focus and build dashboards that make your life much easier next time.