Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Self-Employed
I use Quickbooks self-employed (QBSE) to track all of my daily expenses and categorize them as either business, personal or excluded expenses. QBSE does a great job in allowing me to not only follow my spending, but it provides me a quarterly tally of my estimated taxes which I can pay directly online. The software also allows me to generate quarterly or annual profit and loss reports as well as accumulate all of my tax information which I can migrate seamlessly to TurboTax.
- The expense tracking feature is outstanding. I'm prompted to reconcile new transactions whether on my laptop or my phone and can delineate them with the touch of a button.
- The ability to monitor and pay my quarterly estimated taxes is huge and by using this feature the tax headaches that many freelancers experience are taken care of.
- The linking to TurboTax makes doing one's taxes a very manageable endeavor.
- There are a number of unnecessary and ongoing prompts to do small tasks, like creating a rule for certain transactions. I could do without those.
- There are also occasional glitches with bank setup that produce duplicate transactions which can be a pain to deal with. I also haven't been able to find a way to effectively edit transactions.
- I also wish that QBSE integrated with software like Freshbooks, TripIt and Expensify.
- The positive ROI for me has been seamless tax preparation
- Accurate tax payment estimates
- Ability to track spending in an orderly manner
I selected QBSE because no other system fit my needs as a freelancer and as of now, I've not become aware of a program like this that I would opt out for.