Overall Satisfaction with Salesforce Commerce Cloud
We attempted to use [Salesforce Commerce Cloud] but due to Salesforce cantankerous pricing structure and falsification of information from their salespersons, we scrapped the implementation before launch. It was originally intended to help us with online and walk-in sales from existing or potential customers. We had hoped it would address the number of steps employees needed to take to [fulfill] orders. We were looking to automate a lot of it via Commerce Cloud.
- The ability to schedule & tie unique items to customer data.
- Everything costs extra. [I feel] the sales pitch does not include or tell you about the thousands you will have to shell out in addition to their licensing fees to get what you have been showcased. [I believe] it's a racket.
- Nothing exciting or different about the product other than its maintenance on the site post-launch (from what I have seen. We scrapped before launch).
- Salesforce makes you work with a 'partner', which [I believe] is another layer to their pricing lie. Not only are you paying SF, but also, [I feel] some unknown, unchecked, free-to-scam 3rd party that SF recommends to do the work for their platform.
- We wasted so much time trying to get this set up right I can't even fathom the monetary loss outside of our actual cash loss from the purchase.
- [I recommend you] vet your SF partners, ask for references or similar business customers to call on your own to learn about the company you may be working with.
- The negative impact was so great we shelved e-commerce and B2B for at least another year. It killed our drive to even want to do it.
We did not bother shopping around before or after the experience we had. We gave up on trying for the time being as the headache is not worth the fight. We are better suited [to] growing our business natively, locally, and through more economically sound methods.
Do you think Salesforce Commerce Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Salesforce Commerce Cloud's feature set?
Did Salesforce Commerce Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Salesforce Commerce Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy Salesforce Commerce Cloud again?
For a large business, this is probably a good platform. But for small businesses, [I believe] this is garbage, mainly because the cost associated becomes a significant detriment on a companies ability to see any ROI. [I believe] they have no scalable pricing based on organization size. [...]