Overall Satisfaction with SAP HANA
SAP HANA is being used across the whole organization for payrolls, employee leave managment, engineering/operation activities such as MOC/PSSR, creating purchase orders, sales orders and process orders. The production planning department used SAP HANA for preparing end month production and consumption reports which were the inputs for the accounting department who used it for financial analysis.
- Detailed report generation.
- Easy to use interactively with Excel (data can be exported to Excel or copied from Excel to SAP).
- Quick access to data input by various departments (operations, maintenance, process engineering) in one platform.
- Ease of pulling up historical data with filters such as the channel of sales of a product (ship sales, truck sales or pipeline sales).
- Whenever an error is made in an order confirmation, the reversal process is extremely difficult and the user has to go through several steps to correct it.
- There is no specific pathway for certain tasks which can be quite misleading for new users.
- SAP support from online sources is very limited. As a result of that, solving a problem can be challenging if the skilled person is not available.
- Improved financial accountability.
- Provided a universal platform for refinery employees to access data input by different departments. This significantly reduced the need for paper work and improve the rate at which work was done.
It is highly important to have data presented in different formats to address the needs of various categories of users. Some departments prefer data in a table format while others like to have the data presented visually on graphs.
Not much support available over the internet. SAP support is mainly provided by highly specialized company employees. Each employee working on SAP focuses on his/her own area and they are unable to solve problems that area out of their field of expertise.
Do you think SAP HANA Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP HANA Cloud's feature set?
Did SAP HANA Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of SAP HANA Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy SAP HANA Cloud again?
SAP HANA is excellent for report generation, cost analysis, handling business processes and payrolls. It is an excellent tool for analyzing an organization's production, consumption, losses and gains. However, SAP HANA cannot be used in an environment where data is changing in a real time. Our usage of SAP was mainly for events which had occurred in the past and did not reflect the actual situation at that specific period of time.