Overall Satisfaction with Skype
We are currently using Skype for Business across our entire enterprise. It is used for meetings and screen shares for training and troubleshooting purposes as well as our primary business phone. So being able to use this product is really awesome. We had been using Cisco Jabber as our primary business phone but the service was not as robust as it was said it would be. Not saying that Jabber is bad it had its good things about it as well but it did not seem to be as stable as Skype for business.
- Screen sharing for troubleshooting and training is a blessing. To be able to see what the users are experiencing is much better than not.
- Using the meeting request or personal rooms to start you own conference call is another great feature.
- Instant meeting now feature is great as well for impromptu meetings
- The phone part sometimes gets disconnected when you are online.
- The calendar feature could be a little better in providing information but it's not a big deal.
- The voicemail feature could use some updating but again, not a big deal.
- Lync and Jabber
Lync was pretty good and is still used in some locations and although Skype is an addition to Lync it has those functions that we all used to use when Skype was its own. Using Jabber was not a good experience for our company. Not sure how it would have been if we were a smaller company. Jabber has a lot of features that are worth looking at but I would recommend Skype for Business.
I really like the ability to do a screen share to help troubleshoot or see what a user is seeing on the screen. We are a large company and can't just go to someone's desk to take a look. With this feature, it is well worth it to take a look for your organization. It has come a long way in a short time.