Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Desktop
Tableau Desktop is being used across the organization by sales, marketing, customer care, finance and product management teams. We have built dashboards in Tableau for the end users having source systems like Salesforce, Oracle, SQL Server DBs, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics etc.
- We have used several data visualization tools, but like Tableau for its unique features like.
- Ease of building, i.e the effort spent is minimal in comparisons to other tools as there is no bulky middle/symantec layer in between the front end and the source systems.
- You can use all types of databases, text files, CRM applications, advance analytics tools and Hadoop like big data technologies.
- The inbuilt map features available and the ease of building make it again unique.
- Tableau works more like a dashboard tool and lags the reporting Tool's features.
- Creating Financial Reports with complex formulae with horizontal or vertical table structure is not so comfortable like with SAP, Oracle and MicroStrategy tools.
- Tableau's conditional formatting and limited 16 column table, disappoints the users who are comfortable with Excel.
- Tableau has weak semantic modeling and Data modeling.