K12 Education Review
November 25, 2020
K12 Education Review
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UKG Ready (formerly Kronos Workforce Ready)
It is used across the organization. It addresses time tracking, especially in this unusual environment where we have so many employees working remotely where we would not have ever had that before. It also addresses payroll and giving our employees more information about their pay and the ability to make changes themselves to such things as withholdings and direct deposits.
- Gives employees access to their information to make updates and changes yet allows us to control what they can change.
- Makes time keeping easy through the computer, the app and a physical clock.
- Allows for multiple types of reporting and allocating labor costs.
- While reporting is fairly robust it can be somewhat limited in that you cannot filter off custom fields and custom fields with what should be basic formulas can be hard to write.
- Screens are limited to 200 lines where it would be more helpful to be able to see a complete list (ideally at least 500 to 1,000) rather than exporting to view a list.
- The time clock can only personalized to a relatively small extent. It would be nice to have custom views, ability to change color schemes, etc.
- Sometimes it takes multiple reports to complete a task. It would be nice if in addition to adding custom columns there could be custom subtotals that could be done on more than one column within the same report.
- Positive impact in automating the process for employees to update their own information securely and even remotely.
- Positive impact in making the onboarding process easier and within one system.
- Negative impact in difficulty in cost center changes and reporting and employee learning curve to be able to do so.
Selected UKG ready because of time tracking options. Ability to use actual forced in and out punches rather than only Smart Punch and ability to require multiple manager approval workflows that depending in the workflow would force the timesheet back through the process if any changes were made. Also selected due to ability to meet implementation timeline where ADP could not.
It meets the basic needs very well and even meets the needs of those now working remotely very well. It does not easily accommodate our bus drivers needing to easily change departments (that are not easily scheduled) without requiring management intervention for the majority of those employees. It also meets some of the reporting needs that we could not accomplish with our previous payroll and timekeeping solution.
If I was only rating support itself that would be a 10. Every support case I have entered has been addressed efficiently and with the desired result. On the implementation and transition to support there were multiple issues that those doing the implementation or transition could not answer or workflows and various settings left undone only to be discovered later. We implemented 3 different modules and the expertise we got for each one varied widely.
Do you think UKG Ready delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UKG Ready's feature set?
Did UKG Ready live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of UKG Ready go as expected?
Would you buy UKG Ready again?
Somethings are very easy to do, however somethings are very clunky. For many things such as time change requests and approvals it would be nice to see the timesheet as you are making the request rather than having to remember what was on there. It does require a general technical base that some of our bus and custodial staff do not have.
It works well in a school environment especially for those employees only working in one cost center. However, while it can accommodate changing cost centers it does not make that process overly easy and that process cannot be as automated as it was in our previous time clock system. However so far the pros have far outweighed the cons.