UltiPro: One Stop Shop
January 06, 2016
UltiPro: One Stop Shop
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
They have a big support team. Sometimes it takes a long time to get someone on the phone, especially if it's during a peak time (year-end, payroll processing). However they do open up rapid response lines when needed. We are also assigned a few different account reps all specializing in a certain area, as well as an overall account manager. It's nice to have a familiarity with who you are working with.
We use UltiPro as our primary HRIS system. It is used for employee management, in regards to payroll and time management. Having everything related to Time Management in one place helps us streamline our payroll process. We also regularly use it for reporting. Whether we are pulling reports from their built in Report Generator (Business Intelligence) or setting up files to automatically transfer to our other vendors, UltiPro offers an abundance of information. We also use UltiPro for recruiting and our applicant tracking system. Of all the features, the interface is a bit outdated, but it is still efficient and easy to use.
- Customer Service. We have several different account reps assigned to a particular feature, which ensures they are knowledgable with the problem.
- Reporting. A TON of reports that they have pre-generated, as well as the option to edit existing reports or create your own custom reports
- Payroll. Very updated streamlined payroll processing system. Also offers a direct help line for payroll related questions which definitely comes in handy!
- Employee Management and Employee Job/Status. Allows us to keep track of comp, benefits, time management, and employee information all in one place.
- Recruitment. Least updated. The interface is outdated and it's not the most intuitive to navigate.
- Synchronization between platforms. It would be nice to make a change in one place and have it automatically go into effect everywhere else.
- Time Management for employees. We have some confusion on how to request time off and how to go about requesting time on behalf of employees.
I was not at my company during initial implementation. However, UltiPro hosts several webinars as well as posts online instructions on how to complete key tasks. They offer a variety of information and update it regularly.
It's a great system to track time management and PTO. However, it would be nice if it could better assist with tracking FMLA and extended leave of absence. Also, while the payroll system is great, it takes someone who understands payroll and how your company works. Not a bad thing, but something to consider.