Overall Satisfaction with VMware Horizon
VMware Horizon is a tool used within the VMware virtualization product line which allows me to manage virtual machines and pools of virtual machines. These virtual machines are provided to students and staff to allow for remote classes and work, respectively. This was particularly critical during the lock-down phase of the pandemic when the entire college was shut down.
- Their vSphere product is the best in the industry in regards to virtualization.
- Their products, although very sophisticated and technical, are rock solid. Uptime is above 99.99%.
- Their documentation is extensive, thorough, and excellently organized.
- Their support is top tier with quality support staff and excellent response time.
- They could really improve their licensing. It is very very confusing.
- They should provide a free license for non-business-related use, i.e., someone wanting to learn on the platform without a large monetary investment.
- This product was instrumental in allowing a limited staff provides a work-from-home solution during the shutdown phase of the pandemic to faculty and staff. It allowed the college to remain open even though the college was physically closed.
Do you think VMware Horizon delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with VMware Horizon's feature set?
Did VMware Horizon live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of VMware Horizon go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy VMware Horizon again?
VMware Horizon is well suited for both private, public, and hybrid cloud environments due to the fact the same tool is used across all three platforms, and the behavior across all three platforms is the same. It provides significant value in allowing for the management of virtual machines and virtual pools with a smaller staff.