User Review: "WeTransfer Delivers!"https://www.trustradius.com/cloud-storageWeTransferUnspecified9.521012018-07-12T15:31:31.755Z
Overall Satisfaction with WeTransfer
WeTransfer is used across the whole organization for various purposes - in AR we use it to send large invoice files, in sales they use it to send pitches and contracts, and our IT department uses it to send various technical reports with large amounts of data. WeTransfer is extremely useful due to the attachment size limit in Outlook. Even if IT lifts the restriction for outgoing messages, there is no guarantee that the recipient will be able to receive a large file via email. WeTransfer eliminates this problem entirely.
- WeTransfer is very fast for uploading & downloading.
- WeTransfer allows you to see if the document was opened by the recipient & how many times.
- WeTransfer allows you to password protect documents.
- WeTransfer is extremely secure & safe to use.
- The file size limit is 2GB unless you get the premium account.
- Files are deleted after 7 days unless you have a premium account.
- Large file uploads may fail unless you have a very strong internet connection.
- WeTransfer has helped us keep our DSO down by being able to provide invoice copies to our customers immediately. Most of these files are too large for Outlook, so we either need to use a file transfer service or send via postal mail. WeTransfer is obviously the quicker & more efficient option.
While Dropbox does offer features that WeTransfer does not in terms of collaboration & organization, WeTransfer is the better option for simple file transfers. In my experience, WeTransfer is much faster for uploads & downloads. The premium version of WeTransfer also offers a lot of customization options that Dropbox does not.
I would definitely recommend WeTransfer - especially the paid version. I feel like all of the shortcomings with the free service (file size limit & content deletion after 7 days) are all fixed when you upgrade your account, and the service is not very expensive. It only costs $12/monthly or $120/annually. WeTransfer makes it so easy to send files, and the additional features such as creating a link to your content & password protection are great. Very straightforward & easy to use.
WeTransfer Feature Ratings
Evaluating WeTransfer and Competitors
Very straightforward software. Anyone could use this service. Extremely user friendly.
Usability Pros and Cons
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Uploading files to share
- Creating a URL to lead to the documents you wish to share
- Password protecting a document
- uploading an extremely large file