Video Surveillance Software
Best Video Surveillance Software include:
Cisco Meraki MV, Avigilon Control Center (ACC), Avigilon Access Control Manager (ACM), Milestone XProtect Video Management Software (VMS), Athena Cloud Camera System, IPConfigure Orchid Video Management System (VMS), Eagle Eye Cloud VMS, Perspective VMS, and Verint Video and Security (Verint VMS).
Verint Video and Security, including Verint Enterprise VMS, is a surveillance video management platform, which can include Verint IP cameras or integrate third-party hardware. The solution also integrates with Verint's Situational Awareness Platform. The platform used to reside…
Zenus smart camera passively analyzes hundreds of faces and produces metrics such as head count, heat-maps, demographics, and happiness over time. Foot traffic information is used to adjust prices for leasing space at malls and booths at trade shows. Demographics data helps companies…
Quantum offers a portfolio of network video recording servers to meet the needs of any surveillance environment, from a few cameras to hundreds of cameras. The VS-NVR series is available in a variety of form factors, including mini-tower, 1U and 2U rack mount, and an ultra-dense…
Honeywell’s Enterprise NVR (Network Video Recorder) video management system is an enterprise class digital video surveillance solution. The Enterprise NVR is built to provide the flexibility and scalability needed to design a video system suited to a variety of end user applications.…
InfiEye is a video surveillance tool for retail, from Infilect. AI-video analytics enables store managers to identify and prevent store shrinkages as well as inventory thefts, as soon as they happen.With InfiEye AI, the user can improve in-store shopping experience by identifying…
Verkada’s enterprise security solution combines security cameras and access control with cloud-based software in a scalable system. Headquartered in San Mateo, Verkada boasts more than 6,000 organizations, including 30+ Fortune 500 companies, as users of Verkada Command to protect…
Enterprise-grade VMSWobot aims to enhance the safety and security of workplaces through real-time insights from its AI-powered video analytics engine. The platform enables users to view all cameras, events, and incidents on a single application while giving the user actionable visual…
Ava Security’s cloud-native video surveillance solution boasts bringing full analytics and operational insights to existing cameras and systems. Ava's solutions are designed to safeguard people, property, and data proactively. It extends the same real-time anomaly detection, proactive…
To meet the distinct requirements for video surveillance cases, StarWind offers purpose-built platforms that leverage fault tolerant architecture from storage and up to application management. StarWind HCA platforms combine server, storage, networking, and hypervisor as well as a…
IPConfigure headquartered in Norfolk offers the Orchid Video Management System (VMS), providing total video surveillance management capabilities. The suite includes the Orchid Core VMS for small businesses, Orchid Fusion VMS for enteprises, and Orchid Cloud Services for storage of…
What is Video Surveillance Software?
Video surveillance software is used to manage data streamed from security cameras, as well as manage surveillance devices. It is used by a variety of different professions, including security personnel and law enforcement. They are especially useful for companies that have multiple devices streaming several video feeds, and need to store data across several locations. Video surveillance software offers a single platform to view this data and make sure your security systems are running efficiently.
Video surveillance software shares similar roles and capabilities as . VMS is best suited for the management of guests entering and leaving a building, making it a good choice for managing events where access needs to be limited. Video surveillance monitors day-to-day activities and is more suited for crime prevention or collecting evidence.
Video Surveillance Software Features
Video surveillance software provides the following capabilities:
- Simultaneously manage recording from multiple camera devices
- Setup camera recording and streaming with new cameras as they're added to a network
- Allow access to recording and live feeds for viewing
- Motion detection
- Event-triggered recording
- AI guided recording logic
- Suspicious behavior detection
- High-resolution stream
- HD video playback
- Face recognition, integration or contained ID software
- Save video footage to backup solution
- Search recordings by date, time, etc.
- Monitor building entry points, support remote access / employee access control, etc.
- Audio support
- Video analytics to aid in positive identification
Video Surveillance Software Comparison
Keep in mind some of the following factors when deciding on the right product for your business:
- Scalability. Some users may benefit from grouping organizations (i.e. offices) within the same cloud based dashboard. Not all vendors will offer this scalability, and therefore be sure to research these capabilities if they are something that can be useful for your business.
- Ease of installation. Some products may offer easier connectivity with a new camera to your cloud console. This includes the ability to configure remotely. Having a difficult installation process can be time-consuming and take away from business productivity, and therefore it may be worthwhile to research the ease of installation process for each surveillance system.
- Industry. It’s also important to note the industry these systems will be serving. , for example, is a suite designed and developed for school buses, whereas is useful for information security and law enforcement. Therefore, the type of business should be a huge factor in determining the most compatible product for your needs.
Most of the pricing options for video surveillance software are only available upon request. Look for the monthly prices to be at around $100 per month, with higher-end solutions to be much more. Some vendors will offer a one-time payment, while most will have a free trial option prior to purchasing.