Likelihood to Recommend
If you'll be working with 3 or more integration services you might need to use Mule.
Informatica Master Data Management
I think Informatica Master Data Management is well suited for identifying the best version of the truth for master data. It provides a means to easily set trust and validation of multiple source systems to fine tune the resultant master data. It is by far a leader in the master data management space.
- If you are working with 3 or more services to integrate with a different data source, you'll be able to see the benefits of using Mule.
- In terms of usability, you can develop an API even not fluent in any programming languages.
- Mule also provides a lightweight Java-based enterprise service bus.
- Allows you to implement detailed business rules to apply to your data.
- Works well with any ETL tool, but especially well with Informatica PowerCenter.
- Provides a browser based interface to facilitate ease of use.
- Responsive IDE. More likely they need to improve the IDE as it lags whenever you are working with 20-30 APIs in a package.
- Mapping within the tool can be difficult. But that is slated for upgrade with the next version.
- Many detailed screens for the developer interface. This makes it hard to find options sometimes.
- Address validation sometimes leads to incorrect results. This is my biggest issue with the product.
It enables customers to expose their APIs in a very simple and fast way. It can be used by non-expert developers. It is compliant with all major connection and data representation world standard.
Informatica Cloud MDM was not available at the time of implementation. It has a direct connection with Salesforce, but as far as I can determine it is a solution that only addresses Salesforce and does not enable the sourcing of data from multiple external systems. Flat file support is lacking
Return on Investment
- Informatica MDM allowed for a faster standup of our Salesforce environment.
- Informatica MDM provided a means to keep our multiple source systems synchronized.
- Informatica MDM can be pricey but is definitely a leader in the space.
Connect any endpoints using out-of-the-box connectors, dynamic connectivity to API specifications, or by building reusable connectors with Anypoint DevKit™.See All (3) Anypoint Platform Screenshots
Informatica Master Data Management—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?