Likelihood to Recommend
Small to medium companies on a tight budget cannot go wrong. Articulate Studio enables smaller companies to produce compliant professional looking training courses without breaking the bank. Additionally, the product is quite intuitive to learn and use. I myself had never used a product such as this but was able to produce course work with quizzes that impressed senior management.
Feature Rating Comparison
Course catalog or library
Progress tracking & certifications
Learning reporting & analytics
- They made it very easy to understand how to add new content to the courses, including images, videos or audio, of course, you are still able to do text-based content as well.
- Creating quizzes has never been easier. The ability to add controls to each question and what actions each answer creates, whether an additional question or passing to the next section. Customizing these actions are very easy to learn and add to your course.
- Being able to use your own scoring mechanism is awesome! I like SCORM but there are many options to use including a custom one of your own. This ability allows you to pass your students over to a proprietary system that enrolls them in the next course, or use the built-in utilities to provide the next course or quiz, the choice is yours!
- The audio editor is awful. Sometimes when you cut a section, it actually takes a different section that you selected. Especially when in zoom mode. You have to then undo the action, and re-do. Also, scrubbing through the audio is difficult. If you're exporting audio, it can glitch during the process. I avoid using the audio editor whenever I can.
- After all these years, it's still a buggy program. You can be doing your recordings, and a sudden message appears saying that something went wrong and needs to close. I've done re-installs, contacted support, and I constantly clear the temp folder. Still happens. Also, it's a good idea to export your audio, and there have been times the program freezes up on me, and the audio file (in the .ppta file) gets corrupted and all audio is permanently lost.
- The program can get slow when publishing, previewing or opening the audio editor.
- The included Engage program is pretty good, but it needs more customization options. And I think they can add more modules that provide a little more engagement.
Likelihood to Renew
Articulate Studio 10.0
Based on 1 answer
There is very little chance that this software wold not be renewed. It has become an integral part of our standard software for elearning development.
Articulate Studio 10.0
Based on 1 answer
This is very useable software even for novice eLearning authoring users. People with some PowerPoint experience should be fine with this software and even Excel!
Articulate Studio 9.1
Based on 3 answers
I've never really had any major issues with the product (Other than the registration loop error)and my ten out of ten rating is based on the assistance I got when we initially set up the extension in Power Point. I found the support folks to be professional, helpful and friendly
We look at Captivate first, which Adobe oddly leaves out of its Creative Cloud suite, and I can see why it seems to be completely foreign in term of UI vs other Adobe products. The familiar PPT structure Captivate leverages is completely absent and the tools are much more rigid. Exporting was also more difficult - it's pretty night and day different. Captivate is AWFUL, especially for an Adobe product.
Return on Investment
- I only see positive impact since it is a very easy to use tool for rapid learning. The only point is to know what is possible to develop using this tool to avoid any kind of frustration afterwards.
- Another positive impact is that we don't need a diversified development team. There is no need of technical professionals, and a creative instructional designer is enough to develop effective learning content using Studio.
- The third positive impact is that Studio makes possible to realize short-term projects, mainly when there's already a PowerPoint presentation.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?